Honda and Acura Car Forums banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I have a b16a in my 90 civic i have bought a header manifold, rising rate fuel pressure regulator, dsm intercooler, a turbo computer chip that supports boost at 8 psi and i was wondering what cc injectors i should run i heard dsm 440cc injectors would work but i also heard if i didnt wire up the dsm resistor box i would burn up my ecu any help would be very apprectiated

·
Registered
1,675 Posts
Search is a great tool,
other then that.....I'd get rid of all that stuff and start over.
Never heard of a turbo chip before, what is it?
If you run low impedence injectors (dsm's) in an engine that uses high impedence injectors then you'll need a resistor pack....doesn't have to be from a dsm...
Ditch that rising rate fuel pressure reg and go with something a little better for fuel management.....
As far as injector size, that depends on what you use for fuel management. If your using the fmu (rising rate fpr) then you'll want to find out what ratio it is. If it's 12:1 then use stock injectors, if it's 6:1 or 8:1 then 310cc injectors will work....anything above that then you'll need an afc or better tuning device to control the injectors...

·
Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
the turbo computer chip is just that a chip that allows the ecu to reconize boost and not make the engine light come on and it changes the fuel and ingnition curve to handle 8psi and im only gonna run 7psi for now until i can get the money to get low compression pistons and a apexi vafc but for now all i need to do is get biger injectors right? and the rising rate fuel regulator is adjustable to watever ratio I want to set it at from 12:1 to 5:1 and anywere between thanks for the input just need to know what injectors you would recomend

·
Registered
1,675 Posts
so basically you bought a "missing link" map sensor bypass...
As far as the fmu/injector question goes...if your dead set on running the fmu I would look into getting some 310cc injectors and run the fmu at about 6:1 ratio with a high pressure fuel pump....There are better ways of doing your fuel management, but thats probably the best your going to get with the tools you listed.

·
Registered
26 Posts
i think fmu should stand for F*** Me Up.
because thats usually what it does.
dont get me wrong, lots of people do well with them
but i think the "winners" to "losers" ratio is pretty bad
id put my money on detonation, if i were a gamblin man

good luck to you sir

ps. if people dont have the money to buy proper engine mgmt the first time,
where are they going to come up with all the money after they buy a new motor, and pay for the tow truck?

·
Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
thanks for your help b16ahybrid the info you provided is helpfull i will b posting after i have put the turbo and let you know how it runs and how much hp it has

·
Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
so since i have obd-0 and my injectors are low impedence peak and hold injectors now and resistor box the dsm injectors will work with my resistor box right?

·
Registered
2,245 Posts
since you are chipping youe ecu why dont you ditch the turbo chip and get endyne or ghettodyne i think thats what its called...

·
Registered
1,675 Posts
bserius said:
so since i have obd-0 and my injectors are low impedence peak and hold injectors now and resistor box the dsm injectors will work with my resistor box right?
correct...

·
Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
thanks b16hybrid ill let you know how it works out when i install the kit

·
Registered
1,675 Posts
bserius said:
thanks b16hybrid ill let you know how it works out when i install the kit

cool, good luck.