Honda and Acura Car Forums banner
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
i recently picked up my car from a performance having work done.most of the work done is from half ass work from 2 other shops.basically,from this shop they were taking to long to finish the work and everyday i pass my car is parked on the street and nothing is being done.so i picked up my car and drove it home.the problem is i need much larger injectors.also can't put the right computer in car until it is tuned w/larger injectors.anyway on my way home,i saw a puff of smoke coming from under the hood when i came to a stop.when i started driving smoke had came through the vents inside the car.it wasn't much but enough to have me worried.when i got home i opened my hood to see what was going on and smoke was coming from turbo area underneath turbine and compressor area i couldn't see any oil leak but i felt the oil drain line and it was wet at the joint connected to the turbo.does anyone have an idea what this could be.these tuner shops in nyc suck.thank god i am moving to orlando.

·
Registered
50 Posts
turbowagon92 said:
i recently picked up my car from a performance having work done.most of the work done is from half ass work from 2 other shops.basically,from this shop they were taking to long to finish the work and everyday i pass my car is parked on the street and nothing is being done.so i picked up my car and drove it home.the problem is i need much larger injectors.also can't put the right computer in car until it is tuned w/larger injectors.anyway on my way home,i saw a puff of smoke coming from under the hood when i came to a stop.when i started driving smoke had came through the vents inside the car.it wasn't much but enough to have me worried.when i got home i opened my hood to see what was going on and smoke was coming from turbo area underneath turbine and compressor area i couldn't see any oil leak but i felt the oil drain line and it was wet at the joint connected to the turbo.does anyone have an idea what this could be.these tuner shops in nyc suck.thank god i am moving to orlando.
it might be just burning oil off the oil for the oil line, they might have been lazy and not have tightened it all the way, and it leaks just a little bit. and the turbo could just be burning it off. i know a really good shop in orlando for hondas, because im located in orlando :D . but my friend went through the same problem it took 6 months for a swap, and 4 different shops.

·
Registered
36 Posts
turbowagon92 said:
see if theres a gasket in between the fittins and such and check your return line for a meltes spot and check clamps and fitting tightness

1 - 3 of 3 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.