Honda and Acura Car Forums banner

1 - 20 of 34 Posts

·
Premium Member
15,402 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
wutsup..well i have another conversion question..(1st one wus converting reverse to a 6th gear)..thanx for those replies..

well is there a way to make the turnsignal into a foglight...

change out bulbs..and wires..and make the side bumper lights as turn signals...well could this be done...reasonably ..money and time wise...could it be done..

thanx for any replies

·
Registered
3,126 Posts
On a different site, people were talking about how they did it, so I'm supposing it can be done...Its all about splicing wires pretty much and knowing what you're doing....

·
Premium Member
15,402 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
yea..i thought that it could be possible..i would think its cheaper then gettin the JDM 350$ fogs...although it would close the space above the turn signal.

well thanx for ur response

·
Registered
21,276 Posts
yeah in one of the last honda tuning mags, there was a red lude with what ur talking about. It looks pretty damn tight.

·
Registered
201 Posts
just splice the front turn signal wires and the sidemarker wires together..im not sure exactly which one..i'll go check later..its really easy..anyway..the front turn signals stay on during driving and the side markers stay off..but they blink..this will make your turn signals blink really fast however

·
Registered
53 Posts
has anyone done this yet on here. if so can you send me the wire diagrams. i'm getting stationed in england where they require fog lights and i dont feel like forking out 375 bucks for jdm foglights. i was thinking about getting aftermarket fog lights but they are kinda ricey.

·
Premium Member
15,402 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
DAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAYYYUUUM. THIS IS AN OLD ASS THREAD LOL.

I appreciate you using the search man.

Yes someone plz post up the wiring diagram and instructions, i'll save it, post it in our tech sticky up above for all. I appreciate someone's time for posting up this awesome info!

thanks.

i made this when i wasn't mod lol.

·
Registered
4,233 Posts
i'll scan the diagrams tomorrow but i'd advice against splicing wires, 1 you're void your warranty (if you have one), 2nd you might overload or short something, its better to link up sidemarkers with turnsignals from the relay box.

I think you can probably switch the connections between sidemarkers and turn signals, that way when you put on the parking lights your real turn signals in the front bumper will come on and stay on. Ofcourse you'll have to clear out the amber and switch to a different bulb.

I'd just get some cheap aftermarket lights that look decent instead of all this hassle, unless you have the time to do this and troubleshoot later incase something goes wrong.

·
Premium Member
15,402 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
Thats cool.

I am not pursuing this, i was curioius those some odd years ago about it lol. when this thread was made by me.

i want jdm lights...but ya its good for information purposes.

·
Registered
671 Posts
hey, i was going to submit a thread on this but i searched first so sorry for bring it back from the dead but i must know also on how to do it and if anyone has done it, tell me what to do. i had to take my OEM fogs off because my intercooler piping was in the way so I thought that maybe I could solder the fog light harness to the turn signal harness so thus it would work as both fog lights and turn signals? If not then I'll just use the sidemarker thing as the turn signal or maybe the parking light in the headlight...just put some really bright LED amber lights in there.

·
Registered
3,278 Posts
rev 2 10k said:
hey, i was going to submit a thread on this but i searched first so sorry for bring it back from the dead but i must know also on how to do it and if anyone has done it, tell me what to do. i had to take my OEM fogs off because my intercooler piping was in the way so I thought that maybe I could solder the fog light harness to the turn signal harness so thus it would work as both fog lights and turn signals? If not then I'll just use the sidemarker thing as the turn signal or maybe the parking light in the headlight...just put some really bright LED amber lights in there.
haha this got revived TWICE.

yea i've talked to one guy who did that. used the parking lights for his turns. i wouldn't get led's though. led's aren't as bright as regular bulbs. led's focus more light into one central point rather than filling up an area with light like bulbs do. plus led's will flash rapidly because they come on so fast. if u check places where they sell led's online they all say it's not reccomended for turn signals.

·
Registered
671 Posts
do you know what you would have to do? like what wires to slice and rewire?

·
Registered
671 Posts
and the reason i was thinking about using LEDs cause if I do use my parking light as the turn signal I'm gonna need a different color bulb other than the clear bulb cause my headlights will overpower it so I will need something bright colored...like amber and when I looked for LEDs, it looked really bright.

·
Registered
34 Posts
i had mine like this for almost a year. i just switched the wires. it looks dim because i had LED bulbs up front (so they dont heat up) and it doesnt reflect well. i put it back last month because i got annoyed with the hyper blinker.

·
Registered
671 Posts
i think they have the LEDs where they also shine to the side to make it reflect but those look really dim. How many LEDs are on it? I guess I'll just get yellow light bulbs or something for mine. What bulb are you using for the parking light in that picture? looks pretty bright...

·
Registered
1,189 Posts
tried wiring some 50w halogen fogs to that little parking light in the headlight housing. It cant handle much juice (non-fused) and it ended up frying something in the dash. Decided to get jdm fogs until I saw the price. got an ebay turn signal housing, dremeled the edges to shape and epoxy glued it beneath my original (cleared out) turn signal housing. Decided to use leds so that the power wont fry anything. 12volt 25 element led bulbs off ebay. 19 forward firing, 6 side firing to fill out the housing. Its not as bright as halogen, but its almost. It will never burn out. This daytime pic dosent do it justice. - need to clean my car too.....

http://stores.ebay.com/Velocity-leds_W0QQssPageNameZl2QQtZkm

·
Registered
3,278 Posts
phrancis said:
tried wiring some 50w halogen fogs to that little parking light in the headlight housing. It cant handle much juice (non-fused) and it ended up frying something in the dash. Decided to get jdm fogs until I saw the price. got an ebay turn signal housing, dremeled the edges to shape and epoxy glued it beneath my original (cleared out) turn signal housing. Decided to use leds so that the power wont fry anything. 12volt 25 element led bulbs off ebay. 19 forward firing, 6 side firing to fill out the housing. Its not as bright as halogen, but its almost. It will never burn out. This daytime pic dosent do it justice. - need to clean my car too.....

http://stores.ebay.com/Velocity-leds_W0QQssPageNameZl2QQtZkm
yea i honestly can't even tell they're on. have you thought about just regular bulbs? like some amber or yellow ones?

·
Registered
671 Posts
1 - 20 of 34 Posts