Honda and Acura Car Forums banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
45 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
i was wondering where the best place would be to put some DEI 3065 tweeters in a 2002 honda accord. Kicks are not an option for me, and i was thinking about trying the sail panel, or just keeping in the stock location which is on top of the dash facing the winshield, or just mounting it in a point source on the midbass. I've read numerous posts on time alignment, phase, etc, but is it really noticable? I'm not competing or anything, i just want to know what i can get away with. I have no experience with fiberglass, and i don't really care to spend 150 on flimsy kicks for $150 speakers, you know what i mean? Is there possibly a factory part (honda, nissan, gm, etc) that mounts the tweeters in the sail panel that could possibly fit the accord???

·
Registered
180 Posts
I know rainbow audio's pro series comes with 2 angled surface mount tweeter kits that will fit on your year's sails. I installed 2 of my friend's tweeters there and they work great. Or you can just cut into ur doors and flush mount the tweeters in the doors.

·
Registered
45 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
thanks for your reply, that's what i'm looking for. either flush mount in a-pillars or in the sail. Do you know where i could just get the tweeter mounts without buying the tweeter? i checked their website. The DEI tweeters i have are 25mm and 2-7/16" deep if that is useful information.

·
Registered
274 Posts
As for tweeter placement, this is what I've done to help with finding the right spot.

Mount the woofers like you normally would, but leave the tweeters free with like 6 foot of slack in the speaker wire. Now, try placing them in different locations to see what you think sounds best and where you think would be best place to mount them. (It helps if you have a friend to help you in this part so you can actually sit in the car with the doors closed to tell the difference in tweeter placement.)

Not everyone is going to have the luxury of time and resources to do this , but it has helped me along the way.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts