Honda and Acura Car Forums banner
1 - 20 of 21 Posts

· Registered
12 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
i know this site is for hondas...but i was wondering how much it would cost to get a twin turbo for a lexus sc400. i love my civics..but s400s are sweet. if i wanted a twin turbo on a sc, how much would it cost and what would i have to adjust so that it fits? and if twin turboing it isnt the bet way to get results out of a sc400, what is? i need to know cuz im getting one soon, but im looking for a rx7, but u guys kno those are pretty rare. so reply please!

· Registered
12 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
if i get the turbo, i would need to change the whole tranny? if i get nitrous..how much could the sc v8 take? 100 shot? more or less?

· Registered
1,063 Posts
people usually do that on the rare sc300 manual's... ive never seen it on the v8 sc...

· Registered
666 Posts
Another option is to get an SC300 and drop in the 2JZ motor from a TT Supra. I have seen a couple of those.

If you want a full kit fabricated for a 400, along with engine management, call Norwood Autocraft in Dallas at 972-831-8111. They do all kinds of custom trubos from Ferrari to Honda.

· Registered
12 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
thanx fastnsx. but doesnt custom turbo cost a grip? like at least 6 Gs?? but then the 2JZ motor swap sounds interesting. lemme in on more...

· Registered
666 Posts
A full custom turbo with programmable engine management will set you back $10-$12K at least. Possibly considerably more.

The SC300/2JZ swap is not that hard. There is one here in town that makes over 700 hp at the wheels. You could easily make 400-450 hp at the wheels on the stock tranny. That would make for a pretty quick 300.

The guys at TurboImports.com have done the SC300 swap. You can reach them at http://www.turboimports.com/ or [email protected] or 512-342-9890. Ask for Clint.

You can see their SC300 here:

http://www.turboimports.com/clinpohtwinl.html

· Registered
4,608 Posts
FastNSX said:

The SC300/2JZ swap is not that hard. There is one here in town that makes over 700 hp at the wheels. You could easily make 400-450 hp at the wheels on the stock tranny. That would make for a pretty quick 300.

QUOTE]

yeah ive seen those 2jzgte swaps, they make a grip load of power and still get the luxury of the sc. pretty damn sweet.

· Registered
419 Posts
Though I know nothing about these engines, I thought the general consensus was one single big turbo was the best way to make power. I know thats the go with gtr skylines anyway.. Must be cheaper and more compact then twin turbos .

· Registered
4,608 Posts
zcsohc said:
Though I know nothing about these engines, I thought the general consensus was one single big turbo was the best way to make power. I know thats the go with gtr skylines anyway.. Must be cheaper and more compact then twin turbos .
2jzgte is a supra tt engine. as you know, supra engine is bomb proof with a great hp potential capable of making more than 700hp with stock bottom. big ass turbo like the t66 and above will most likely blow up any other stock bottom engines. so having a good engine to begin with is the best way to go.

· Registered
12 Posts
Discussion Starter · #13 ·
AREITU said:
A 2JZ swap isn't that hard, but it cost a lot.

The 1UZ V8 isn't that bad either. It'd sound great with an intake, an exhaust, or both. The gearing on the auto is fairly tall, but the shifts are firm.
wheres a 1UZ V8 from?

· Registered
419 Posts
Tr2jzgte is a supra tt engine. as you know, supra engine is bomb proof with a great hp potential capable of making more than 700hp with stock bottom. big ass turbo like the t66 and above will most likely blow up any other stock bottom engines. so having a good engine to begin with is the best way to go.

True, just saying twin turbos aren't the best way to make power...Shit it all sounds crazy expensive to me, if I was doing this kind of thing I would at the very very least find the right forum for this kind of discussion. ie A toyota / lexus website.. Anyway goodluck

· Registered
261 Posts
The 1UZ-FE is the V8 used any Lexus with "400" on it.
The 2UZ-FE is the V8 in Toyota/Lexus trucks and SUVs.
The 3UZ-FE is the latest version of the V8. It's used in any Lexus that has a "430" written on it, and has been around since 2001.
If you have an SC300, I don't recommend a 1UZ swap.

Try www.supraforums.com for advice.

zcdohc, did you know that Saad Saad, and Guilly, both who own 1000HP Supras, run twins? One is running HKS GT twin turbos, and the other, a pair of T04s. Twin turbos aren't as detrimental to performance as most people think. I don't know of Saad Saad and Guilly are running then sequential or parallel.

· Registered
103 Posts
the supra auto tranny bolts right up to the v8 on a lexus my friend gots a gs400 and he bolted a supra tranny , lsd with lvl 10 tq converter the mechanic said it just goes right on up

· Registered
12 Posts
Discussion Starter · #17 ·
zcsohc said:
True, just saying twin turbos aren't the best way to make power...Shit it all sounds crazy expensive to me, if I was doing this kind of thing I would at the very very least find the right forum for this kind of discussion. ie A toyota / lexus website.. Anyway goodluck [/B]

do you guys know any toyota/lexus discussion website? i came here cuz i heard its the best. but you guys seem to know about toyotas and lexus' too. but the gs swap sounds good too. hmmm gs or sc...

· Registered
419 Posts
Just use a search engine like yahoo or something theres bound to be heaps of sites.

1 - 20 of 21 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.