Honda and Acura Car Forums banner
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

· Registered
26 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I have a alpine cdm-7874 HU, It has 2 rca outputs in the back and I plan on running a amp for my components and an amp for my two punch HX210's, can I just run another pair of rca's from the HU to the amp, or do I have to hook it up like only using one amp I.E. Power,remote,ground cables??? Im sorry if this sound like a dumb question, but I like to get everything right the 1st time, so any help is appreciated.

· Registered
841 Posts
Don't worry about the question, we all gotta start somewhere!

Well, you have to address 4 sets of wires.

1. RCA Cables - they carry the signal from the head to the amp. You should connect a single pair of RCA's for the Components to the front, and another for the Subs to the rear. This is the best way.

You could do one of two other things....first, use some "Y" cables and some RCA's to split the current signal to both amps.

Or if one of your amps was so equipped, you could run an rca from the output to the input on the second amp.

If you use either of the last two, you will lose you ability to fade.

2. The Remote - here's the wire that tells the amp it's time to have fun! You can just splice this wire to both amps. I typically like to connect only two components to the amp at maximum. Past that, I use a relay to prevent any damage to the headunit.

3. Power - this really depends on the amps. Typically, one large cable is run from the battery (fused of course) and then a fused distribution block is used to split the power to the two amps. The size of that main run is determined by the two amps you have

4. Ground - grounds can be run either separately or through another distribution block...make sure that the ground is the same size as the power wire. They are just as...if not more important.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.