Honda and Acura Car Forums banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
33 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
i.ve been searching around for the best choice on aftermarket big brake kits. so far Rotora is looking pretty good. but, on the website i found them on:

http://www.prostreetonline.com/buy/rotora_big_brake_kits/rbk007.02/

it doesn.t show that there is a rear kit made for the sol.? do they make one? or is there another brand that make both a front and rear big brake kit for the delsol?

also i was wondering if it was possible (and/or worth) getting ABS on your car in an aftermarket way? i have a 94 DelSol VTEC and it doen.t have ABS. i.ts really not a problem but i wouldn.t mind having it also, is there any way to get it?

if any one has any info on either subject please let me know.

THANKS

allinfavorsayi

·
Registered
6,555 Posts
first of all why do you need those huge brakes? unless you road race your car every weekend there's no point in spending $1300 for that brake kit. even if you autox every weekend you dont need those brakes.

you can really improve your braking just by flushing out the system with some fresh fluid, a new set of blank or slotted rotors, some quality aftermarket pads and a set of braided steel lines. for the rear a new set of pads and braided lines will be enough. you dont need a big brake kit for the rear. most of the braking is done by the front brakes.

if you're really into getting a big brake kit at least dont spend more than 1k on a set for the front. check fastbreaks.com or baer.com for some cheaper alternatives.

it would be a pain in the ass to get ABS on your car. you're better off selling it and getting a car that does have ABS.

·
Registered
491 Posts
shop around first there are tons of different companies (brembo, Alcon, stoptech, wilwood, etc.) the fist thing you need to figure out is one do you need it as iLLeFFeKt CiViC said or are you just trying to fill the gap and make your rotor to Wheel look "better". if that is the case you can get PowerSlot big brake upgrade with put bigger rotors but uses the stock caliper (which you can paint if you are again doing it for looks) and it also does increase your stopping feel and distance. Or you can go all out and alter your already optimum stock set up and in that i mean Honda went through a lot of work to get the brake booster, Master cylinder, brake line diameter Rotor diameter and caliper to work together better than just adding a bigger caliper which was not designed to work with your Master cylinder and will alter the bias from front to rear if not done together at the same time and with a rear brake bias adjustment that you will not be able to set up correctly. So in that being said i'd suggest just upgrading to better brake fluid (ATE Super Blue), Stainless brake lines (Earls are good), Slotted or drilled rotors and a better friction compound brake pad (Hawk HPS are Nice) and see how you feel about your brakes after that you may be impressed how much better braking those few change and if you must make your brakes look "better" then just get the rotor upgrade i talked about. (even though that will even change the factory setup but will affect it the least) and paint your calipers.

·
Registered
256 Posts
I used a AEM, now power slot, big brake kit on my del sol and CRV. I also have 17" wheels which are required to fit the larger rotor. Bought both sets off ebay for a fraction of retail price and still have them today. They work great and havnt really had any problems with them.

As far a changing over to ABS you will need to practically change the whole suspension and axles since the sensors and wires mount to some of the suspension parts and the sensors get their signal from a spline mounted to the axle shaft in the front and on the spindles in the back. There is also a harnes to the ABS computer in the trunk; which means you will need the cocmputer and the steel box it mounts behind. You will also need the master cyl, brake pedal, all the brake lines, the ABS pump the entire harness and all the sensors. Also If I remember correctly, the ABS harness does tie into the ECU harness so the entire electrical harness is different on ABS cars. As mentioned previously, you might as well sell yours and get a car with ABS.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.