Honda and Acura Car Forums banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
6,716 Posts
HyperFlow02 said:
i have heard to many negative things about projector headlamps. just go w/ the JDM style stock headlamps from accordstore.com $300 bucks for a set and factory quality :number1
More than likely you are hearing about those crap ebay halo ones.
The TYC projectors have been nothing short of awesome output and close to factory quality.
They are also cheaper then the $300 you claim for the JDM Style ones.

·
Registered
6,716 Posts
NoSkillz said:
i have tyc projectors on my 01 accord... look great.... bulbs that come with it r ok.... but buy new ones when u install the projectors. Mine have a tendancy to fog up when washing the car, but only last a few min.... no water inside..... and the the plastic is strong, and durable. I love them
Bulbs have NOTHING to do with fogging of the housing.

·
Registered
6,716 Posts
brady33 said:
TYC makes some nice projector headlamps. I have a set for my civic (but now they're retro'd with HIDS). When they were stock, they had some pretty decent output.

I'd venture to say that of all the aftermarket projector lamps out there, the TYCs are the best for your money.
exactly. Except with the accord you need to use the OEM headlight bracket.

·
Registered
6,716 Posts
NoSkillz said:
i never said the bulbs caused the fog did I :D I'm sorry if i came off like that thoe.... Basicly my point is... its a pain taking everything off again jsut to put in new bulbs, so if u ever thought about new bulbs. then when u buy the new housing then put in the new bulbs..... The lamps foging, im sure is due to a seal issue... The foging is just my fair warning.
lol dork
Oh you dont have a 5th gen too, you dont take off everything to change bulbs on a TYC on the 94-97 accords. You just lift the hood and remove bulb. hahahaha simple huh
The 94-97 Accord TYC's dont fog up, ever. I've installed 7 sets and not one fogged up, ever.

·
Registered
6,716 Posts
Knightmare69 said:
Why won't the TYC brackets work, I don't understand, can you clarify this? If TYC designed the lights for a 5th Gen accord, what is it about the bracket that won't allow it to work? I just cut off the corner brackets on my TYC's to fit my depo's but have yet to install the TYC headlights so a clear explaination would def. help.
After installing various TYC headlights for people including my own as the first set I did.
I've noticed there are gap issues, fitment issues when using the TYC bracket. When swapped to the OEM Honda bracket all those issues are GONE.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.