Honda and Acura Car Forums banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
312 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
If you buy a type-r block without the head, including transmisson and everything, just no head... can i put a GSR head? will that work? and would it be equal to a gsr with itr pistions and whatever or will it be just like a gsr?

·
Registered
1,388 Posts
u can definately put a gsr head on an ITR block. it's a straightforward swap...nothing to modify. u will, however, raise ur compression a bit from 10.58 to 10.81 -- which is good, of course. so, in simplicity, u will have an itr block with itr components with a gsr head. :)

·
Registered
312 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
how much would it cost for the gsr head? for the whooolle head, including intake manifold and cam gears?

and how much hp are we lookin at with this?

·
Registered
2,575 Posts
Junk yards sell a bare head for 600 bucks..no distributor, cams or IM.

A complete gs-r head will cost as much as 1000 - 1500 bucks. They are very rare...you can also look into a b16 head. Its almost identical to that of a ITR except for the valvetrain and hand port n polish.

·
Registered
1,388 Posts
lowacura said:
how much would it cost for the gsr head? for the whooolle head, including intake manifold and cam gears?

and how much hp are we lookin at with this?
i got my 94 gsr complete head (minus the ecu) for 700 bucks shipped. i believe i saw the ad at www.thepartstrader.com 4 years ago.

as far as hp, ur guess is as good as mine. but i'm confident that u'll be netting the same, or maybe even a few more horses, compared to a stock ITR. stock for stock, of course.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts