Honda and Acura Car Forums banner

1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
142 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I'm in the process of getting a new bumber for my GSR. I wanted to put a type R bumber. Is the type R bumber two pieces. If so can the lip piece fit onto a new gsr bumber or I have to get a type r bumber for the lip to fit. Also, where can I find a type r lip cheap? Thanks

·
Registered
4,657 Posts
there is no such thing as a Type R bumper its a reg teg bumper with the OEM Optional Equip front lip on it , nothing ITR about it other thna the ITR came with it as an include dupgrade

·
Registered
142 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
I guess the auto body doesn't know what he's talking about. All the bumbers are the same except ITR's come with that extra lip. Right?

·
Registered
5,517 Posts
One_Vtec_18 said:
I guess the auto body doesn't know what he's talking about. All the bumbers are the same except ITR's come with that extra lip. Right?
yes

One_Vtec_18 said:
So when I get my bumber replaced with a oem bumber for my gsr, the lip will fit on the bumber?
yes

·
Registered
13,201 Posts
One_Vtec_18 said:
So when I get my bumber replaced with a oem bumber for my gsr, the lip will fit on the bumber?
THat is assuming you get the appropiate year of rear lip for your year bumper.... I.E. 94-97 and 98+ bumpers are different...

·
Registered
4,657 Posts
even if so , the older R's had lips on thme too . so either way you can get an "ITR" lip

·
Premium Member
18,247 Posts
i have a 2000 gsr, i added a lip from comptech..

tada...

what year is your GSR? if you have a 94-97 then you have to get the lip for those years...

just keep in mind they changed the headlights/bumper in 98+ so you have to get the appropriate lip..

·
Registered
142 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
yeah sometimes i can't spell when i'm stoned. anyway i just wanted to find out the deal with these bumpers. I was hit by the campus bus in a parking lot and this auto body i went to was directing me in the wrong direction. I told them to just get me a bumper for my 2000 GSR. They want to get the lip from acura but from what they told me it was about 400 bills. So does anyone know where i can find a ITR lip for a 2000 ITR or gsr bumper since they both fit on each other. I need to get my car looking mint again. thanks

1 - 13 of 13 Posts