Honda and Acura Car Forums banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
19,132 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
HOw did you guys get your grilles painted?

I'm wondering if it's a h orrible idea to use the touch up paint :hehe

scold me now

·
Registered
494 Posts
i just used black krylon car paint...matched up fine enough for me...and no-one else has seemed to know...i plan on doin the same thing with either my side skirts or if/when i get new ones...

·
Registered
19,132 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
99civ said:
i just used black krylon car paint...matched up fine enough for me...and no-one else has seemed to know...i plan on doin the same thing with either my side skirts or if/when i get new ones...
hmm perhaps I should try doing that with a good matching colour green

·
Registered
2,837 Posts
No doubt, I usually use duplicolor with a good clear coat, and then wetsand and polish after the paint's completley dry, comes out pretty good, and on small parts its usually worth it because sometimes it costs more than the part is worth just to have it painted.

·
Registered
466 Posts
Hey Pete, What color matches the VSM in Duplicolor? I've been wanting to try and paint some pieces but there are different shades of silver and I'm not sure which to use. Do you think the sideskirts/door handles/door protector trim stuff would be too large of an area to use a rattle can and still come out decent? And what about prep and primer? I may just get a shop to do it, though, since my rear bumper is cracked from some jackass and while they are painting that it may not cost too much more for the rest of my stuff...maybe...

·
Registered
19,132 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
gmusquiz said:
Hey Pete, What color matches the VSM in Duplicolor? I've been wanting to try and paint some pieces but there are different shades of silver and I'm not sure which to use. Do you think the sideskirts/door handles/door protector trim stuff would be too large of an area to use a rattle can and still come out decent? And what about prep and primer? I may just get a shop to do it, though, since my rear bumper is cracked from some jackass and while they are painting that it may not cost too much more for the rest of my stuff...maybe...
I'm on the Duplicolor site but they want 25 bucks for their can...

·
Registered
2,837 Posts
Ummm, Dupli color from Autozone is $3.50 a can????? :confused

I don't know what kind of paint they're selling online, must have a diamond studded cap?

Anyway, the color I used for VSM was PLATINUM MCC. and then a lot of clear.

·
Registered
909 Posts
i had mine professional painted, by me. BUT if i didnt have that available, i would most def go for duplicolor. the pieces are relatively small so the price for pro paint might not be worth it. just take your time and practice if u need it and it should turn out pretty good.

·
Registered
277 Posts
mine was done by a body/collision repair shop...but they were gonna repaint my grill anyways, so i gave them my type r grill to paint instead! :D

1 - 10 of 10 Posts