Honda and Acura Car Forums banner
1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
Joined
·
55 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hello all,
I know that Honda makes Type R Accord in UK, I was reading a longtime ago that Honda was going to make it over 240hp, in 2003 or 2004, I saw it in a news group or it use to be a news group but it’s gone now……now I was thinking of swapping the Engine and putting it in my 2000 prelude, the Type R is a 3.0 L V6 DOHC VTEC over 240hp….it’s not out yet…………is it possible to do that??

Thanks
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
55 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
1993preludeSi said:
with enough money anything is possible

How much money are we talking about, I’m not talking about the engine, but do I have to create extra space for the engine do I have to change other things then the Engine etc…..

Is it worth it or no……I know I can just get a turbo or supercharger but I hear they are bad for the engine ……I was told a supercharger would be better then turbo cuz turbo is taking hot air back in…….but the supercharger is using the Cams……..i don’t know
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
395 Posts
with the amount of money you're gonna spend doin that swap and with all the custom work you'll need to do to fit in a lude, you can turbocharge your 2.2L and be faster. and have extra money to spend. plus you get that PSSSSSSSSSSSHHHHHHH sound of the blow-off valve. :D the air in a s/c gets compressed and heated anyway. and if installed and maintained properly, a turbo or s/c will give you very little problems. and what do you mean by the supercharger using the cams?? :confused: the cams are used all the time. maybe you mean they're belt-driven?
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
1,336 Posts
Auz said:
Hello all,
I know that Honda makes Type R Accord in UK, I was reading a longtime ago that Honda was going to make it over 240hp, in 2003 or 2004, I saw it in a news group or it use to be a news group but it’s gone now……now I was thinking of swapping the Engine and putting it in my 2000 prelude, the Type R is a 3.0 L V6 DOHC VTEC over 240hp….it’s not out yet…………is it possible to do that??

Thanks
first of all , except the nsx, no other honda have v6 dohc vtec :) now i dont know any thing about a v6 atr, but i would think that if it gonna have a v6 its gonna be a beef up 3.0 sohc vtec found in the current accord :) why do you even bother with some myth atr engine anyway? the tls ( me me me:)) have a 260hp v6 :) not like im saying that it would fit in your lude , but its shure is more logical then a myth atr :)
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
2,368 Posts
Re: Re: Type R lude

LAblue said:


first of all , except the nsx, no other honda have v6 dohc vtec :) now i dont know any thing about a v6 atr, but i would think that if it gonna have a v6 its gonna be a beef up 3.0 sohc vtec found in the current accord :) why do you even bother with some myth atr engine anyway? the tls ( me me me:)) have a 260hp v6 :) not like im saying that it would fit in your lude , but its shure is more logical then a myth atr :)
shurely
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
108 Posts
if you really want speed why not get an WRX that shit is fast and with the correct mods most preludes cant beat it. but if you want to keep your lude then the atr enginve swap would be pretty nice.

haha ... i've just noticed that LABlue uses alot of smiles in her replies

LABlue: :) :) :) :)
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
240 Posts
First of....if you were to waste money on anything....Might as well go for S2000 swap with the comptech SC easy 320hp to the wheels.

But on the other hand with the cost of the swap and work ...u might as well get a brand new M3 and kick everones a$$
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
672 Posts
SK Honda 7 said:
First of....if you were to waste money on anything....Might as well go for S2000 swap with the comptech SC easy 320hp to the wheels.

But on the other hand with the cost of the swap and work ...u might as well get a brand new M3 and kick everones a$$
we can make preludes RWD??
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
376 Posts
You can do anything if you have the cash. Also the Accord Euro-R has an h22 in it already but it's goin at around 220hp if I remember right. The new V6240hp Type-R you're hearing about is probably the new 7th gen Accord Coupe coming out in August which will help replace the Prelude.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
55 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
2kPreludeSH said:
Why not trade in your Lude for a S2000 and use the rest of the money on mods.;)
i like my Prelude, i love the look the feel, the S2000 is to small for me.....it's an amazing car but small.......well i know every one is gonna go crazy on this but you can drive the Prelude here in the winter, but S2000 or NSX ...ha good luck


i see that a lot of people are using smiles so here it is

:D :D :D :D :D :D
 
1 - 12 of 12 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.
Top