Honda and Acura Car Forums banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
1,080 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
as the title says i'm getting the type r manifold but, well my b17 stock throttle body fit on there right?

p.s. LAter going to upgrade the tb should i go with the type r or just something else like a skunk2 and what appilcation well i need it for since i'm change the im. thx

·
Registered
10,272 Posts
it will fit but I'd advise upgrading the TB soon because going from smaller to bigger reduces velocity.

I say get an LS TB and bore it out to 63 or 64mm and port match it to the IM.

·
Registered
1,080 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
if i get the aem, can i still use my stock air fuel regulator or do i have to get the aem fuel regulator about to do this and want to make sure i have everything

·
Registered
10,272 Posts
Yeah you can use your stock FPR..

But you know the stock fuel rail is good for over 400 hp or so right?

·
Registered
1,080 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
gurusan said:
Yeah you can use your stock FPR..

But you know the stock fuel rail is good for over 400 hp or so right?
Thank you gurusan you been such a help!!!! i know i picking up a stock 94+gsr fuel rail cuz i don't want to get the aem one don't need cuz i'm not pushing out that much horsepower for me to get one.

·
Registered
10,272 Posts
:) No prob.

Helping is one of SHO's main purposes.

I got a fuel rail mainly for looks, I wanted an FPR but thought it would look funny mounted on the stock rail....so I got some cheap ebay special one and it's been fine.

It did leak a little bit on the fuel line side, even when I used some thread sealer stuff, so I just sealed it up with JB weld and now it works great.
ebay special fuel rail

1 - 10 of 10 Posts