Honda and Acura Car Forums banner
1 - 16 of 16 Posts

·
Registered
18 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
this guy at school wrecked his like 95 or 96 type r honda civic. i asked him how much he wanted for the motor. would it be worth it to buy it? and if so how much would it be worth? btw he just rolled it (brake messed up, too bad car was ok nice)

·
Registered
11,248 Posts
AFAIK, the Type R Civic has never been released in the US. Also I find it hard to believe that anyone bought a b16b swap as they are extremely expensive and almost the same money as a b18c5 swap. Make sure you know what motor he has in the car. I doubt that it is a b16b (type-r motor).

·
Registered
54 Posts
If the car has an emissions sticker, it;s definitly not a type R...unless he did the motor swap after going through...But as the guy above me said, The Civic Type R was never released here. The Integra Type R was however.

Chances are he's either saying it's a type R or threw some Type R decals on there.

·
Registered
1,336 Posts
if its rhd theres a chance that its a ctr , but if its lhd then its a fake :) also check out the engine code to see if its a b16b :)

·
Registered
3,081 Posts
kommon_sense said:
AFAIK, the Type R Civic has never been released in the US. Also I find it hard to believe that anyone bought a b16b swap as they are extremely expensive and almost the same money as a b18c5 swap. Make sure you know what motor he has in the car. I doubt that it is a b16b (type-r motor).
correct but they aren't almost the same amount as the B18C5...they are MORE :eek:

·
Registered
2,046 Posts
probinu said:
correct but they aren't almost the same amount as the B18C5...they are MORE :eek:
thats becuase there acutally a better design than the c5

·
Registered
334 Posts
probinu said:
where do you get your motors? Man I can get a CTR complete with ECU any day of the week pretty much for $5500. Last time I looked for ITR(JDM) they were $6500.

And you can have a ctr motor without right hand drive....I was gonna buy one for my car but I had to pay some bills.

but everyone is right....it is highly unlikely he has a ctr motor. Get the engine code from it and also run a check on the numbers to see if it's stolen.

·
Registered
625 Posts
but everyone is right....it is highly unlikely he has a ctr motor. Get the engine code from it and also run a check on the numbers to see if it's stolen.
there is no way he can run any numbers to see if the motor is stolen. they don't keep track of jdm motors

·
Registered
334 Posts
that is why I said it is highly unlikely it is a CTR motor...... if it is anyother swap he should look to see if it is stolen.....guess I should have been more specific.....

and if that motor was legally ca reg'd then it is traceable.

·
Registered
1,336 Posts
OneManArmy said:
where do you get your motors? Man I can get a CTR complete with ECU any day of the week pretty much for $5500. Last time I looked for ITR(JDM) they were $6500.

And you can have a ctr motor without right hand drive....I was gonna buy one for my car but I had to pay some bills.

wow thats some expensive engines :) typical b16b start at about 4k to 4.5k , and typical b18c-r is around 5000-5500 :)

yes you can have a ctr motor in a lhd car but its not a honda civic type-r like youre saying :)

·
Registered
334 Posts
true that.....no right hand drive no type R

Oh if you want Right hand drive I can hook that up too.

Like I said....been a while since I looked for ITR motors....I can get usdm for about $5500 but they have 20 less horsepower.

are those prices complete with ECU's?

My 5500 for the CTR motor included some other odds and ends too(shift knob/sway bar/etc.....for $7k he was gonna give me the swap, seats, right hand drive, shift knob, carbon fiber interior panels, front sway bar/control arms/forks, headlights, floor lamps/right hand drive/dash....basically everything on the front clip.....but it was 99 so I had no use for most of that stuff in my 97 and I didn't want RH drive...too much to get used to and way too much welding and shit (be worth it in a salvaged car though) and I didn't have 7 grand.

but $4000....that's good price. Source?

I already have two dx motors I need to get rid of...think I will probably go the easy cheap route and put a 99ex motor in my dx....$600 complete...why the hell not....freakin tune up cost about $400....ya feel me.

Good swapping with ya.

·
Registered
1,428 Posts
those prices are still high i can get a jdm ITR motor for 3800 complete.........as for the CTR motor its about 4800...........an EDM CTR IS LHD!.........i think the guy had a RICE CAR to be honest........

·
Registered
18 Posts
Discussion Starter · #13 ·
thanks guys

i found a 2001 accord euro-r motor. lol the only bad part is that it is 6K and i am only 15 and don't have 6K sitting around the house or anything. back to the point. if i bought this, what all would i have to do (like with jdm make it right hand drive etc...)?
would i have to change anything with the shifting or anything. here is the link for anyone that wants to take a look. http://www.inlinefour.com/motors.html btw it is soooo sweet. 220 horsepower.

·
Registered
140 Posts
Its also what the JDM Si was called (i.e the B16 DOHC 1.6 vtec car)

Bren

1 - 16 of 16 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.