Honda and Acura Car Forums banner
1 - 20 of 45 Posts

· Registered
1,351 Posts
Yeah if anything it will come in 2004, I don't think anything is set in stone yet...the Type R will be facing tough competition if it does come...the STi, evo vii, the Z....dont know how well it would do in the american market.

· Registered
24 Posts
The earliest rumor i've heard of it coming here was as soon as next year from Motor Trend, who knows if those guys are blowing smoke but it's gotta be a good sign.

I don't think the Type-Rs will be competitors with the EVO, STi, or the 350Z. All different types of cars, different drivetrain configurations, like comparing apples and oranges.

· Registered
1,351 Posts
jkdmspec said:
The earliest rumor i've heard of it coming here was as soon as next year from Motor Trend, who knows if those guys are blowing smoke but it's gotta be a good sign.

I don't think the Type-Rs will be competitors with the EVO, STi, or the 350Z. All different types of cars, different drivetrain configurations, like comparing apples and oranges.
my point was that they will all be in about the same price range...

· Registered
24 Posts
RSX-S said:

my point was that they will all be in about the same price range...
in that case i would say you would have to be a die hard honda fanatic or myopian to go for the type r. The 350z has a true sports car appeal to it, and the STi and EVO are just about M3 fast. The kids will still go for the Rs but there are better (and faster) choices out there.

· Registered
1,351 Posts
The base price for the Z is $26,269. Enthusiast model is $28,249 and performance model $30,429. Seeing as the Z comes with its standard 280 horsepower 3.5-liter V6, 4-wheel independent suspension and 6-speed manual transmission, i say thats some damn good competition for the R. The STi and Evo will be from 28K-30K. The R will be around 26K-27K..give or take a couple-few thousand, they are basically in the same price range. IMO the STi, Evo, and Z give more bang for the buck than the R. of course the R has its own special qualities but im sure many boy racers will look past that...

· Registered
346 Posts
Also, the reason that the base price of the 350Z here in Canada seem so high is that we don't get a base Z model here in Canada... all of ours are either Touring, Performance, or Track Pack models... which is $4-5k US more than the US base Z.

· Registered
838 Posts
read that news somewhere, but them coming is still not 100% chance....if they do come, they'll have 220 hp if i'm not wrong
they'll come along with CTR w/ 200 hp

· Registered
15 Posts
I hope they dont bring the type-r here cuz then i'd be way to jealous haha. Probly take my car to a river and park it in there. My vote goes to not bringing any more type-r anything to the u.s haha imma hater

· Registered
1,170 Posts
Eh...for some reason, i've always felt that the ITR is a different kind of car that the Sti or the Evo, or many of the other cars that it goes up against. I mean, the Sti and Evo are pretty much made to compete in rally(whether you wanna hear it or not) which is why they have those extremely high output engines and AWD. The ITR, it's more of a street legal road race car...if you ask me

-my .02

· Registered
344 Posts
The RSX Type R would run around $26,000. isn't the Nissan 350Z gonna be no less than 30Grand and thats a base model at that? Right away, advantage R. Honda makes better cars than Nissan, I have had one of each, advantage R. R will be a 6 speed with LSD and 220 horses, what gear box will the Z have and LSD(doubt it). Day i buy a Mitsubishi, will never happen. They prove when they turbo a car, the tranny cannot handle it. I'd say Give ME AN R NOW!

1 - 20 of 45 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.