Honda and Acura Car Forums banner

1 - 20 of 31 Posts

·
Registered
108 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
ive heard of an integra type-R. as in a modle better than GSR or is this the same car? cuse i was told the type R is very rare and very fast?

just wondering LMK

·
Registered
8,144 Posts
Do a search.

·
Registered
157 Posts
KonigRR said:
ive heard of an integra type-R. as in a modle better than GSR or is this the same car? cuse i was told the type R is very rare and very fast?

just wondering LMK
I mean seriously did just litle search, cause its obsious that the type R is better than a gsr, first, the price, and second hp, 195 vs 170 (~ jdm). If u want to buy one u will need to do more research on internet.

·
Banned
1,160 Posts
Transparent said:
theres way more to it than just the motor. heres a site with lot of info www.itrca.com

yeah the type-r has alot of improvements over the gsr, not just the engine.

·
Registered
5,438 Posts
b20b16 NA said:
I mean seriously did just litle search, cause its obsious that the type R is better than a gsr, first, the price, and second hp, 195 vs 170 (~ jdm). If u want to buy one u will need to do more research on internet.

there is a ton of info out there... just go to edmunds and do a search for any car back to 1990 and get the full specs, reviews, pricing, road tests, EVERYTHING, right there before you. before you come and ask questions like this, please do some research on your own.

·
Registered
4,605 Posts
in a nutshell, the type-r is basically a track version of the production model integras. the motor and suspension have been "beefed up", so to speak, to serve has a track/race car. same goes for the civic type-r.

·
Registered
5,438 Posts
Snoopy said:
wow have you been living under a rock on pluto?

i dont know about you, but i have been living under a rock for quite a while... its nice... quiet, warm and nobody bothers me... i considered pluto's rocks, but its just too cold there for me...

to be fair to this guy, we all start with the same knowledge of cars: 0. we all have to build it up. i agree that he should be searching more on his own, and quite frankly i'm surprised hes not embarassed to be asking these questions on this forum. but he is, so lets help him out as best we can.

·
Registered
3,254 Posts
ok i'm bored so they were imported to N. America 96, 98-01 they are limited quanties about 500-1500 per year depending on the year.

no sunroof
5 lugs 98-01
better suspension
thicker rear sway
no side moldings
the cool type R wing
Type R front lip
better colors championship white, phenox yellow, and a black i forget the name.( color also depends on the year)
195 hp engine with a higher redline. due to more agressive cams and a rasied compression
early years had no A/C
2 door only

basically its a lighter more powerful better looking
better handling car than the gsr. They hold there value well due to the high demand and low supply. ive seen 98s go for 19-20k and they costed what around 24-25 new 7 years ago?

·
Registered
5,438 Posts
acuradriva said:
ok i'm bored so they were imported to N. America 96, 98-01 they are limited quanties about 500-1500 per year depending on the year.

no sunroof
5 lugs 98-01
better suspension
thicker rear sway
no side moldings
the cool type R wing
Type R front lip
better colors championship white, phenox yellow, and a black i forget the name.( color also depends on the year)
195 hp engine with a higher redline. due to more agressive cams and a rasied compression
early years had no A/C
2 door only

better handling car than the gsr. They hold there value well due to the high demand and low supply. ive seen 98s go for 19-20k and they costed what around 24-25 new 7 years ago?

please tell me you didnt rattle all that off the top of your head...lol...

thanks for the info!

·
Registered
8,144 Posts
acuradriva said:

no sunroof
5 lugs 98-01
better suspension
thicker rear sway
no side moldings
the cool type R wing
Type R front lip
early years had no A/C
2 door only

Right except for a few details.

They were sold in the U.S. in '97, '98, '00 and '01, they skipped '99.

All years had 5 lugs... except in Japan where earlier years had 4 x 114.3mm.

The Type R also had a completely different brake system and a limited-slip differential.

There are a ton of other little details that Honda did... the Type R was far from just a slap-together deal. There are little structural reinforcements to the chassis that would never show up in an advertisement... it's a track car and not just a marketing scheme.

In fact, in my opinion the the Type R is quite a bit more differentiated from the GS-R than the GS-R is from the LS. The GS-R has the same brakes and virtually identical suspension to the LS, just a different engine. The Type R compared to the GS-R has different brakes, completely revised suspension including different rear LCAs, more body mods, more interior changes, structural enhancements, an LSD, weight reduction... the list goes on. The JDM ITR had even more changes including a smaller battery, rear upper and lower strut/tie bars, and even a lighter plastic trunk floor instead of the normal particle board wood one. A GS-R is really just an LS with a bit more power and shorter gearing really... whereas the Type R has been changed in almost every way relating to performance.

And by the way the front lip and rear wing... both functional, providing decreased lift and drag. Honda doesn't mess around with show-only things. :D

·
Registered
2,086 Posts
White98LS said:
Right except for a few details.

They were sold in the U.S. in '97, '98, '00 and '01, they skipped '99.

All years had 5 lugs... except in Japan where earlier years had 4 x 114.3mm.

The Type R also had a completely different brake system and a limited-slip differential.

There are a ton of other little details that Honda did... the Type R was far from just a slap-together deal. There are little structural reinforcements to the chassis that would never show up in an advertisement... it's a track car and not just a marketing scheme.

In fact, in my opinion the the Type R is quite a bit more differentiated from the GS-R than the GS-R is from the LS. The GS-R has the same brakes and virtually identical suspension to the LS, just a different engine. The Type R compared to the GS-R has different brakes, completely revised suspension including different rear LCAs, more body mods, more interior changes, structural enhancements, an LSD, weight reduction... the list goes on. The JDM ITR had even more changes including a smaller battery, rear upper and lower strut/tie bars, and even a lighter plastic trunk floor instead of the normal particle board wood one. A GS-R is really just an LS with a bit more power and shorter gearing really... whereas the Type R has been changed in almost every way relating to performance.

And by the way the front lip and rear wing... both functional, providing decreased lift and drag. Honda doesn't mess around with show-only things. :D
Wow I never knew all that about the Type R... great info! :tu

·
Registered
3,254 Posts
yea i knew they skipped a year i thought it was 97 but your right its 99.

some other things we failed to mention the interior has the red threads, the serial# odf the car is on the armrest, amber dash lights and cf panels i dunno if the cf and amber was in all years tho. 00-01 have the titianiam shift knob. They have a typeR floor mat in the trunk and a trunk floor brace. On the outside the stock sideskirts/rocker panels are painted to match the color of the car. and the red A emblem on the front and rear. along with the lsd tranny it has closer gearing. Also the 62 mm TB, red valve cover who said honda never did anything just for looks?

There is more to but it gets a little pety.

·
Registered
3,533 Posts
hobie237 said:
depends on your point of view... i dont think its worth the extra cash... considering that a GSR can be modded to be probly faster for cheaper... i dont think i would lay out the cash for the type R
the type R is if u have the money or want the prestige of having a type R. dont get me wrong id love to have one but i wouldnt fork out over 15k for a type r. for a few thousand more u could look to get into a type s.

1 - 20 of 31 Posts