Honda and Acura Car Forums banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
60 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I was wondering if its resonable or if anyone has done this? see im going to need to do some head work and i was wondering if its possible to put a type s head off a JDM H22a type s lude, and put it on my h22a4 block? is it even worth it?

·
Registered
282 Posts
Minus the EGR not being on the head,,,,, um it should work fine. Not having the EGR connected from teh intake to the head will make you non-smog legal... Not sure where you are located but, if you got testing going on,, I wouldn't. As for the head itself the cams seem to be the important part of the whole setup.. I would do some more research on the web...... If this was me I would buy a USDM head, get it port and polish and put the type-s cams from inline four in it.

·
Registered
524 Posts
dont know about where you guys live

I dont know about yalls area, but down here theres some boys thatll let you pass for like a hundred bucks its quite easy money for them seein as easy as it is for them to just pass you.

·
Registered
2,650 Posts
I'm not quite understanding what you want to do. Do you want to swap a factory Type-S head onto your H22 and leave it stock or rework the Type-S head then swap it onto your H22? If you plan on just swapping the Type-S head, then it should bolt on with minimal effort, but the power gains with be neglible, if any at all. If you plan on reworking the Type-S head, then swapping it onto your H22, why bother? Just find a USDM head for cheaper, swap in some aftermarket cams and pistons and have a professional machine shop do your head work. You'll find some real power from that setup.

·
Registered
282 Posts
I agree with a after market cam all together, but he asked for JDM so,, hey.. The head machined would be a better option, overall..... Just forget about JDM my man ,unless you get one for free, lol.. But the work wouldn't be worth the power gain........

Now a glovered, stainless valves, double springs, titanium retainers, resurfaced, beast would be a great head to install.. I would prefer someone that specialize in honda PP head, rather then you local shop that things a Big block head spec mill is exactly what a honda will benefit from.....

What a wonderful picture...

Hey start with the old one heres a article on a h22a ported..

The old one h22a PP

1 - 6 of 6 Posts