Honda and Acura Car Forums banner

1 - 20 of 31 Posts

·
Registered
37,992 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
demo on XBL now.

ive played thru the tutorial right now just to get an idea of the controls. but it seems good. the sound track is good too. the menu though is retarded.

·
Registered
37,992 Posts
Discussion Starter #2
im officially gonna preorder now.

its an awesome demo, only 1 fight to choose from though, liddell/rua but it was great. plus if you preorder thru gamestop you get ryan bader/efrain escudero as dlc content

·
Registered
2,031 Posts
I'm liking this game so far...for an mma game, this is a great, fresh, new start. The controls take some time to get used to. I hate how Liddell is superman compared to Shogun. Anyway, some things that I don't like:

-defense standing up sucks...no bobbing/weaving.
-movement is a bit stiff...everything is pretty much timing-based
-subs can be a bitch to pull off

Other than that, the game is lookin' good. Can't wait till the 19th of May!

·
Registered
37,992 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
this game is gonna be fucking AWESOME!!!

i just hit rua w/ a superman punched that rocked him, and he recovered and he threw a leg kick to my body and i threw a high kick to the head, KO in 45sec.

·
Registered
4,233 Posts
I wish the controls were more complex, take downs/defense/reversals etc. Then again I've only played 3-4 matches. Also don't like the Smackdown vs RAW feel of the game mechanics but I'll be picking this up regardless.

·
Registered
2,031 Posts
I wish the controls were more complex, take downs/defense/reversals etc. Then again I've only played 3-4 matches. Also don't like the Smackdown vs RAW feel of the game mechanics but I'll be picking this up regardless.
I'm just curious, what would you rather do for the td/defense/reversals, etc? One other thing I don't really like is the button mashing/right stick twirling when you do a submission. But then again, I don't know how else they'd do that.

·
Registered
37,992 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
i put the game on advanced yesterday, i figured that was the next step up from begginer seering as the options are advanced,expert,experianced.

who knows which one was the next level. anyway i couldnt last past 1:30 against rua. he kept knocking me out/submitting me

·
Registered
4,233 Posts
I'm just curious, what would you rather do for the td/defense/reversals, etc? One other thing I don't really like is the button mashing/right stick twirling when you do a submission. But then again, I don't know how else they'd do that.
I don't know man, I'm a game player not a developer =P Maybe a button sequence like The bourne Identity, Quantum of Solace, Mass Effect etc. have used. Even if there were only 3 or 4 preset defensive move sets, sort of like holding LT/RT + another button etc. All in all it seems like a decent game, I just wish they'd do something different. Nothing seperates this game from any other fighting game like WWE etc, only thing unique is the UFC name & fighters.

·
Registered
2,031 Posts
anyone got it yet? This game is pretty addicting. I created Fedor and it REALLY looks like him lol. I wish there was some way to post a pic of him.

·
Registered
37,992 Posts
Discussion Starter #16
GOD DAMNIT!!! i went out and rented it and i was creating a fighter, and when i went to save it, it froze.

i restarted my system, RRoD!!!

·
Registered
37,992 Posts
Discussion Starter #18
0102 unknown error - literally means the console does not know what is wrong. Possibly a short or cold solder joint somewhere (2 reports of people repairing this, one was removing moisture build up inside the console, the other used a hot-air rework to reflow the BGA Ram chips)

FUCK!!

1 - 20 of 31 Posts