Honda and Acura Car Forums banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
676 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
well, i get an ugly humming coming from my rear right wheel that starts getting noticeable around 25mph and gets louder the faster i go to point where its pretty fucking loud on the highway. What could it be...my wheel bearing? something else...? oh and the funny thing is, when i turn the wheel just the slightest bit to the right, the noise disappears totatally but comes back again as soon as the wheel striaghtens up or i turn left. Please help, also how much would it be to fix if the problem is known. Thanks...

·
Registered
168 Posts
Tye Rod?

·
Registered
693 Posts
most likley it is the wheel bearing, the rear of the vehicle does not have any tierod ends. the wheel bearing can't be no more than $50.00, the labor is whats going to kill you.

·
Registered
676 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
rep for you my man...thank you very much. I have a buddy who can hook me up with the labor, i was more curious as to how much the part would be. kudos...

·
Registered
2,411 Posts
my wheel bearing cos tme 62 dollars at fairfax auto parts.... but they were the only ones that had it in stock.

doubt you will find it at advanced. iirc olympus/olyimpic auto had it cheapest.

Reactions: VtecSol

·
Registered
676 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
Phantom_Sol said:
my wheel bearing cos tme 62 dollars at fairfax auto parts.... but they were the only ones that had it in stock.

doubt you will find it at advanced. iirc olympus/olyimpic auto had it cheapest.
Thanks for the info buddy...did your make a loud noise? If so how loud was it?

also, hows teh subby doin? After i fix my sol its goin up for sale as well..wish me luck.

·
Registered
676 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
well, i got a friend to help me out and he told me to get a hub assembly which i found for around 90-100. How much labor would be invovled in gettin this in? I just want to know what it cost full price for so about how much time do you think it'll take with the proper tools? Thanks...

·
Registered
163 Posts
VtecSol said:
well, i got a friend to help me out and he told me to get a hub assembly which i found for around 90-100. How much labor would be invovled in gettin this in? I just want to know what it cost full price for so about how much time do you think it'll take with the proper tools? Thanks...

If it's disc in the back your hub should just slide off, might take a little pull but you should be able to do it in a hour or so. If you know how to take off the rotors and calipers then you should be fine. Took me less than an hour but that's with experience and alot of beer.

Remember to put a little grease on the new one when you put it back on. ;)

1 - 10 of 10 Posts