Honda and Acura Car Forums banner

1 - 20 of 21 Posts

·
Registered
Joined
·
93 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
my friends got a 98' v6 coupe and his is a LEV (low emissions vechical ) while mines a 2001 v6 coupe (Ultra LEV) does he have better performance than me cuz of my more restrictive motor/ exhaust?? Any ideas??
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
129 Posts
ULEV does slow your car down.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
9,883 Posts
no he doesnt have better performance. his 200hp is not faster then yoru 200 hp.
you have the newer car, better techonolgy achieving the same result with lower emissions.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
129 Posts
are you serious bachviet. That really sucks. So all the mods i have ... the little that i have.... are just a waste. I wasted my time and money?
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
355 Posts
01 Accord V6's are LEV, not ULEV.

Accord 4-cyl's are either LEV (150 HP) or ULEV (148 HP) depending on where you live, and there's one version in Cali that's SULEV (4-cyl EX-L auto only, 145 HP)

The stricter emission control models don't seem to respond to mods as well as the less strict models.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
93 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
munkeysoup said:

yeah, thats what i thought. i didnt remember ever seeing anything talking about the av6 being changed to ulev.

aahh.. i have a 2001 v6 accord coupe and its ulev.... check this out .. its from honda's webpage!

Technical Features
•200-HP 3.0 L SOHC 6 Cyl 24-Valve VTEC Engine
•CAR B Ultra Low Emission Certified
•4-Speed Automatic Transmission
•Front & Rear Stabilizer Bars
•Double Wishbone Front Suspension
•Multi-Link Double Wishbone Rear Suspension
•Traction Control System (TCS)
•Variable Assist Power Steering
•4 Wheel Disc Brakes
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
1,227 Posts
Importeck said:



aahh.. i have a 2001 v6 accord coupe and its ulev.... check this out .. its from honda's webpage!

Technical Features
•200-HP 3.0 L SOHC 6 Cyl 24-Valve VTEC Engine
•CAR B Ultra Low Emission Certified
•4-Speed Automatic Transmission
•Front & Rear Stabilizer Bars
•Double Wishbone Front Suspension
•Multi-Link Double Wishbone Rear Suspension
•Traction Control System (TCS)
•Variable Assist Power Steering
•4 Wheel Disc Brakes
huh...thats strange. where do you live? because i know mine is LEV and its a '00.:confused:
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
18 Posts
i have 2k1 accord and i'm from texas, there was a sticker on my window says LEV but i took it off when i got tint.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
355 Posts
Importeck said:
welll thats odd.. but i have a 2001 model but here is the link ..

ps.. i live in texas.. .

www.hondacars.com
That's for the 2002 model, not 2001. I know the 2001's V6's are all LEV. But maybe the 2002 V6's are ULEV? Can anybody with a 2k2 V6 confirm that? I need to stop by my local Honda dealership today for something else so I'll try to verify it.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
1,227 Posts
SteVTEC said:
That's for the 2002 model, not 2001. I know the 2001's V6's are all LEV. But maybe the 2002 V6's are ULEV? Can anybody with a 2k2 V6 confirm that? I need to stop by my local Honda dealership today for something else so I'll try to verify it.
that just seems kinda strange to me that they would change it w/ only one year left in the generation. you would think that if they were going to change it they would have done it either in '00 when they changed to DI or in '01 when they changed the exterior.:confused:
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
355 Posts
munkeysoup said:
that just seems kinda strange to me that they would change it w/ only one year left in the generation. you would think that if they were going to change it they would have done it either in '00 when they changed to DI or in '01 when they changed the exterior.:confused:
Marketing.

I believe the Altima V6 and the Camry V6 are all ULEV this year. Honda wouldn't want to look bad since it prides itself on meeting tougher emissions standards before any other car maker, but who knows. I'll check tonight.

I don't think the changes required to go from LEV to ULEV are all that complex.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
1,227 Posts
SteVTEC said:
Marketing.

I believe the Altima V6 and the Camry V6 are all ULEV this year. Honda wouldn't want to look bad since it prides itself on meeting tougher emissions standards before any other car maker, but who knows. I'll check tonight.

I don't think the changes required to go from LEV to ULEV are all that complex.
ahhh, it makes sense now.:)
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
355 Posts
I checked.

The 2002 Accord V6 is still LEV and not ULEV as stated on the hondacars.com website. That's a typo on the website I guess and it also blows a hole in my marketing theory but that's okay ;)
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
31 Posts
Technical Features
•200-HP 3.0 L SOHC 6 Cyl 24-Valve VTEC Engine
•CAR B Ultra Low Emission Certified
•4-Speed Automatic Transmission
•Front & Rear Stabilizer Bars
•Double Wishbone Front Suspension
•Multi-Link Double Wishbone Rear Suspension
•Traction Control System (TCS)
•Variable Assist Power Steering
•4 Wheel Disc Brakes

this is directly copied and pasted from the Honda website
it says Ultra low emission certified so im guessing its ULEV
 
1 - 20 of 21 Posts
Top