Honda and Acura Car Forums banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
245 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hey folks, so the time has come to replace my tired Acer notebook, it has served me well. As we all know, the tablet market has pretty muck killed the NetBook market, and laptops in general are now being dolled-up and labled "ultrabooks"
I have been looking at the Asus Zenbook. For those who know have seen it, you know it's sexy appeal :)

That's my main focus, I wanted to just put some feelers out there for recommendations for a new notebook, wondered if anybody have an "ultrabook" or just see what people recommend. And no, I do not want a Mac, I am not an art student :p

·
Registered
245 Posts
Discussion Starter #2
I know there are other geeks on here, no thoughts? :(

Sent from my Autoguide iPhone app

·
Registered
14,616 Posts
My geek (good buddy man no disrespect meant just my boy that knows his shit) has an asus notebook that's amazing. I'll ask him which it is.

·
Registered
14,616 Posts
Plus it's for sale, and you want it! Especially if I old-school panel paint the case for ya and bury it under a ton of candy & clear!

·
Registered
20,101 Posts
how much are you looking to spend and what are you going to do with it

if its just gonna be for light stuff (browsing, documents, youtube, etc) then you don't need to spend more than $500 or so for a good laptop

·
Registered
14,616 Posts
The Asus Thomas has is well over $500 and worth EVERY penny. apor1a is a self-proclaimed geek, so I'm betting he wants more than your ROTM $500 notebook.. Especially since he's asking for opinions on the Zenbook and other "ultrabooks."

·
Registered
14,616 Posts
apor1a (tell me your name btw, so I can stop copying & pasting your login) would you be interested enough in T's machine (he built it so it isn't just how Asus sends it by any means!), or the Alienware notebook he also has? If so I'll get ALL the specs and prices together for you and post them here.

·
Registered
14,616 Posts
Used laptops are like use condoms. Walk on by.
Not when my boy built them bro. They are a viable option for those not able or willing to spend an arm and both legs for half the machine of soomething in like new condition, built to much better than stock specs, and maintained by a hardware engineer.

1 - 12 of 12 Posts