Honda and Acura Car Forums banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
1,281 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
hey everyone

i'm really a spaz when it comes to computers so i hope someone can help me out.

i have a compaq laptop and have had it for 4 to 5 months already. tonight i was just hanging out and using it on a table for a while, then over a sudden it just shut off. i thought maybe there was a power surge. wait, its a laptop, it has battery resource power. ah ok, maybe windows screwed up so i went to push the little button that turns blue when it goes on. it didn't go blue so it didn't go on. or vica versa. hehe

when i plug it into the charger the charging light does not even acknowledge it. my girl downloaded some files onto it for school but i don't think they were bugged. these are people she knew. and the websites i went to were pretty well known. my old schools, mini's website...thats it.

so if anyone could shed some light on this that would be great. i think i still have one month left of my warrantee so i'm cool there.

any ideas?

·
Registered
1,366 Posts
Were you running off battery power when it shut off? Did you try taking the battery out when you plug it in? Did you hear anything, i.e. clicking, etc. before it shut off?

1 - 4 of 4 Posts