Honda and Acura Car Forums banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
2,049 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I just posted a thread about the Dyno Day at Brauning tomorrow. An hour ago, my engine light and atts light come on. Pul the CEL, 23, Knock Sensor! Atts was also flashing when i pulled the CEL, but i think thats just because of the two computers being interlinked or whatever. So i know that the Knock Sensor is located under the Intake Manifold, just below the head, in the Block, between cylinders 2 and 3! Now the big problem is, can i get to that sensor with out pulling the atts out or what. Anyone have any better way to replace this? I have the knock sensor from the blown motor that i can replace it with. Please help, im trying to get this done so i can get on the DYNO!!!! :(

·
Registered
1,335 Posts
MacTown said:
I just posted a thread about the Dyno Day at Brauning tomorrow. An hour ago, my engine light and atts light come on. Pul the CEL, 23, Knock Sensor! Atts was also flashing when i pulled the CEL, but i think thats just because of the two computers being interlinked or whatever. So i know that the Knock Sensor is located under the Intake Manifold, just below the head, in the Block, between cylinders 2 and 3! Now the big problem is, can i get to that sensor with out pulling the atts out or what. Anyone have any better way to replace this? I have the knock sensor from the blown motor that i can replace it with. Please help, im trying to get this done so i can get on the DYNO!!!! :(
Get a Helms manual, it will help out!!! ;)

·
Registered
2,049 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Yeah, waiting for a helms to arrive is going to help out by tomorrow. :rolleyes

I always use 93 octane when i get fuel. im pretty sure its just the sensor. Bad thing is, the one i was going to get off of the blown moter is not good now. :mad

·
Registered
2,049 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
Blake, thanks bro' youre a life saver. I did not have enough time to make it to the dyno, but atleast i can fix this without dropping the ATTS. I have to buy another sensor and wait for arrival. Also, i couldnt access the files from the link, so i guess the host is temporary. But thanks for letting me know about removing the oil filter, hopefully i can get this done asap, and stop riding around in limp mode.

·
Registered
2,049 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
Ok maybe im missing something because i cant view the files from the link. But i removed the oil filter to make some more room, and i still cant seem to access the knock sensor. I can reach under there and feel around, but there is still no way to visually check it, or remove it. :(

Edit* Seems that Chapter 11 is the only one that i cant access, which is the chapter i need!!!!!

·
Registered
2,049 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
Yeah, im thinking that since i have an SH is why removing the oil filter alone doesnt provide enough room due to the fact that the Oil filter is angled upward compared to a base. But its coming down to either pulling the IM, or dropping the ATTS. Either one is going to be a bitch. And how the fuck does a knock sensor cost $109!!!!

1 - 12 of 12 Posts