Honda and Acura Car Forums banner

1 - 20 of 20 Posts

·
Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hello!

I have problem restarting this 95 Delso 1.5liter.
Operating condition:
- 30 minutes of normal city driving
- Ambient temperature is about mid 80F
- Water/coolant temperature: Normal ( closer to C than H).

Problem (within 15 minutes after ignition was 1st turned off):
- Engine starts but quickly dies.
- Repeated attempts at 3-5 minutes intervals have same result.
- Engine would run if willing to wait for about 30 minutes without any interval attempt.

What have been done?
Each of following replacements produced good result (restart capability) for about a week:
- Replaced Ignition control module and coil (the heavy transformer?) then,
- Replace whole ignition (distributor) unit
- Replaced with new sparkplugs

Any idea or hint would be appreciated.

·
Registered
322 Posts
its probably a bad o2 censor or your fuel pressure regulator is not doing its job like it supposed to.

·
Registered
2,411 Posts
i asked a friend and he thinks its the o2 as well. also check gap in spark plugs

·
Registered
644 Posts

·
Registered
55 Posts
id say o2 sensor, it should be tripping a ODB1 code if it is the problem, check engine light. if you dont know how to pull the codes let me know i will tell you how, now if it happens to be the main relay, do yourself a favor DONT SOLDER if you dont know what your doing. its easier to replace the relay, probaly around 30-80 bucks rather then solder it. because even if you find a broken link on it or a weak looking one and you spill solder on it, and you screw it up and buy a new one it doesnt solve the problem then your out some money and time.

·
Registered
644 Posts
man, when's the last time you had an O2 sensor stop the car from starting, or kill it?

The car will run without an O2 sensor, the ECU uses the O2 sensor to get better gas milage and make the epa happy.

And why not try soldering it? It won't cost anything to try and you say buy one anyway.

FYI I'd just go to a junkyard and get one, free if you stick it in your pocket, $5 if you pay for it...and most will give you another one if you get a bad one.

1 - 20 of 20 Posts