Honda and Acura Car Forums banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
446 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Im mad as hell. A few weeks ago I was sitting in a taco bell parking lot with my neons on. I saw 2 cops drive by but it looked like they went the opposite direction. Before I left the parking lot I turned the lights off. Before I knew it, there were 2 cops on my ass with their cherries on. I pulled over and the cop that came to my window was old as hell and he didnt even let me say 2 words. Then he literally threw the ticket in my window. I had to go to court and the judge gave me a $20 fine because I lowered my car and the front one broke. He thought that was funny. I didnt try to fight it. But do you guys think I should of because I was on private property so its kind of like being in my own driveway? What do u think?

Oh yeah, the cop also said if I want to drive in that town again, I better take them off:mad:

·
Registered
806 Posts
WickedCiviC HX said:
I had to go to court and the judge gave me a $20 fine because I lowered my car and the front one broke. He thought that was funny.
what do you mean by that? the front what?

·
Registered
1,104 Posts
maybe the front neon, but go to court for a 20 dollar fine? what are you nuts? fuck that, its nothing

·
Registered
251 Posts
u mean neon lights underneath your car? i'm not sure but i think that being parked in a parking lot is literally 'off-road', therefore you should have been able to have them on. and if you did turn them off before you hit the streets, then they were not in use, so it's like- 'is there a problem, officer?'. Fuckin cops.
but if all you got the ticket for was for being lowered, depending on how low your car was, you could have fought it. i think in cali that the rule is something like the middle of my headlight has to clear 22" from the ground, and no higher than 36". but i've seen a buttload of raised trucks with the front end atleast 5' high. try to find out what the laws are in your area, so that if u ever get busted for something that isn't wrong you would atleast have some sort of chance at fighting it.
btw, taco bell rocks.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts