Honda and Acura Car Forums banner
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

· Registered
811 Posts
I think it is some Canadian designation. What is the VIN and what does the engine block code say?

· Registered
142 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
ok well as far as the vin goes, what kind of correlation between the vin and block should i be looking for?

And for the block, it is not the original motor. b16a2 was just dropped in. So all i have to go off of is the vin in the window and vin engraved in engine bay wall.

whats weird is that you say canadian right? but the only thing i was able to find about this issue was a tiny thread bout some canadian asking the same question!

Like he didnt recognize it! Texas title. So i'm open for more ideas.

· Registered
5,636 Posts
first number of vin is "1" as in 1HGEJ8xxxxxxxxx.

and why would the DMV title this particular vehicle this way? Just weird.
They can only put 3 letters and/or numbers in that slot. It could be a misprint or more likely it could be something that the original owners put on the title paperwork. Either way, it doesn't have an effect on you being able to title the car. You can call the title bureau of your state and double check if you're unsure.

A "1" indicates your car was manufactured in the US. The 11th character will tell you what plant.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.