Honda and Acura Car Forums banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
77 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I have a set of UR pullies - brand new in the box. Nice pieces, however, I'm hesitant to bolt 'em up based on some stuff I've read/heard about them.

I'd like to gain the 4-5 hp they reportedly provide, but I don't want any problems with my electrical system, steering, or bearing wear.

Does anyone have experience with the UR pullies.........good or bad?

·
Registered
77 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
no dimming lights or heavy steering?

·
Premium Member
13,998 Posts
Had mine since 98. Havent had any problems in that area yet. I had the aem set in before and it was sluggish. The UR returned the pep...no dimming.

But I have the crank pulley as well which is overdriven. So the underdriven accessories I think will run normal. Might be wrong though , either way the crank pulley is a big difference. These are what everyone debates about being bad or not. So this is where you might run into problems.

As for the a/c and power steering pulley , those do get you some power , but arent too much different in size from stock. The ps and a/c pulley mod is perfectly fine to do though.

·
Registered
84 Posts
i've heard good things about unorthodox from many people. if you have a nice stereo setup though i've heard you shouldn't get the alternator pulley. i'm just looking for a UR crank pulley right now, since i don't have power steering and i'm not sure about getting the alternator pulley.

·
Registered
77 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
I have the Ultra SS set - crank, alternator and p.s. pullies.

If I decide to bolt them up, it would be as the entire set or nothing. Kind of worried about causing internal damage with the crank pulley though. :confused:

·
Registered
77 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
I've decided to go ahead and bolt 'em up...............and keep my fingers crossed. :eek:

·
Registered
814 Posts
if there had been a re-occuring issue with the crank pulley damaging bearings, i would have pulled mine off in a second... in two years i have only heard of one incident on an h22 where the owner claims a crank pulley damaged bearings and an oil pump... and that pulley was not a ur pulley...

1 - 10 of 10 Posts