Honda and Acura Car Forums banner
1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
98 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
alright heres my problem i have a 93 fd and the other day i was driving and it stalled out of nowhere.seen that the oil was low so i get the oil changed and the car started up fine and then stalled again the people at the shopit was the fuel filter so i go get that replaced.Now the car runs even worse,first it didn't start so i change the spark plugs got it started but runs like shit blowing out black smoke from the exhaust.it'll run for like 5 mins and starts spuddering into a stall.and reeks of gasoline :mad does any1 know what it could be .

·
Registered
3,966 Posts
what kind of fuel filter is it and who replaced it? fuel filters have a certain path of 'flow' that the fuel goes. make sure the filter is facing the proper direction. were your plugs gapped correctly?

·
Registered
98 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
ksniperfox said:
what kind of fuel filter is it and who replaced it? fuel filters have a certain path of 'flow' that the fuel goes. make sure the filter is facing the proper direction. were your plugs gapped correctly?
its a stock replacemaent filter, i had my cousin install it, figuring it should be easy its only a filter.now it starts up but after 5 mins it starts spuddering until it stalls. we seen a vacum line had a small crack in it so i replaced that too.still same results. it seems like something with the fuel i just hope its not the Apex seals :(

·
Registered
98 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
i figured i'd post it here cuz not alot of people on the rx7 forums.looks like another trip to mazda :cry last year the rear axel seal went, it cost around $30 for the part and $1200 for labor

·
Registered
406 Posts
ive seen something about your problem talked about on
www.rx7club.com. they should be able to help you out over
there. i wanted a rx7 for a long time and would always surf the
forum checking stuff out. in the end i decided they were more
problems then fun. i still wouldnt mind getting one though if i
hit the lottery

·
Registered
3,966 Posts
but did you understand what i said? most fuel filters have a flow pattern, and if you install it backwards(easy to do if you dont pay attention), then things fuck up.

double check it.

·
Registered
98 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
ksniperfox said:
but did you understand what i said? most fuel filters have a flow pattern, and if you install it backwards(easy to do if you dont pay attention), then things fuck up.

double check it.
i hope your right it does make sense since he likes to drink when he works lol.thanks for ur help and the link

·
Registered
3,966 Posts
i hope im right too and thats all thats wrong. good lookin rx7. good luck.

·
Registered
3,966 Posts
no. it shouldnt.

1 - 12 of 12 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.