Honda and Acura Car Forums banner
1 - 19 of 19 Posts

·
Registered
103 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·

Hey,

Havent got much to show just yet, so far got intercooler and smaller radiator bracketed on, done some intercooler piping but had to use high pressure hose for a little bit ''just for now'' as we only got enougth bends for other side, got injectors in, oil lines done, manifold and dump pipe should be made this weekend and set up, etc and everything else that needs to be finished, if I am lucky turbo set up will be finished in a week, if not then 1 1/2 weeks or so on,

have pics when turbo finshed and then its just certification for turbo and lowering, then onto prep - paint and setting everything back up, cant wait :number1

·
Registered
103 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
uglyduckling said:
what swap you have??? and how much hp estimated out that setup??
Excuse my ignorance but what do you mean by swap?

somewhere between 160-200 whp, I want it really reliable so I am not to concerned about hp 'as in big gains',

Heres an update, manifold tacked up and bolted on with turbo ''just seeing space etc'', still got to put external wastegate on, and weld manifold up properly, so probably get waste gate on tomorow -

heres the turbo an ihi vf10 ''just a little turbo I guess''

·
Registered
645 Posts
nice. that should be a decently reliable set-up as long as u don't get too crazy with the boost. If u don't mind me asking, how are u gonna put an external wastegate on that thing, i don't see any flange for one. what kind of manifold is that anyway? looks custom.

yeah, i gotta swap my radiator support after i put my poor lil rex in a ditch a while ago. i was wondering what holds that thing on. is it just bolted up or is there spotwelds you have to drill out.

nice set-up there man. i'm feelin it, make it your own and keep us updated

·
Registered
103 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
lude_pwr said:
nice. that should be a decently reliable set-up as long as u don't get too crazy with the boost.
Yeah, Im probably only going to run around 5-7 psi, maybe even just 5 lol so maybe 150 hp at wheels or something, I just want it to last for years and years.

lude_pwr said:
If u don't mind me asking, how are u gonna put an external wastegate on that thing, i don't see any flange for one.
still got to put the flange on, so will do that tonight.

lude_pwr said:
what kind of manifold is that anyway? looks custom.
yeah just a custom made one. pretty easy to make I guess, and it will flow well.

lude_pwr said:
i was wondering what holds that thing on. is it just bolted up or is there spotwelds you have to drill out
yeah just bolted on with brackets, one on top, one on the bottom.

·
Registered
1,461 Posts
i hear bad things about log manifolds like that...alot of people dont like them and actually reccomnt hf manifolds over them...but all in all it should be a nice reliable turbo crx

·
Registered
103 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
hondapride59 said:
i hear bad things about log manifolds like that...alot of people dont like them and actually reccomnt hf manifolds over them
what do they say about them?

anyway Ive got a chipped ecu and a apexi s-afc for engine management etc and 390cc injectors, got a nice turbosmart type 2 vee port blow off valve ''loud'', tial 38 mm wastegate, eagle 10.5 mm leads, full 2 1/4 exhaust, lightened flywheel and heaps of other random stuff I cant remember,

but yeah Im just going to run 5psi, I think that will be a low 14 in the quater mile with this setup, but I do know that 8 psi will get it into the 13s as a freind had a simlar setup on his civic and it did a 13.8 or something, but still a low 14 is better then the 14.9 or whatever I did before.

·
Registered
1,461 Posts
i dont remember exactly but people did not liek them over at homemadeturbo.com they said they actually dont flow good for some reason and your better off spending teh money for a good one or using a hf or std manifold with adapter plate

i'm not sure if they run lower or higher but i just know when people had them they always said something about them, i'll try and search a little for you and get back to you

·
Registered
103 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
I read that link and was releved as you had me worried :p they seem to quite like them,

''well log style mani's are stronger in a sence and they are less suseptable to cracking than tubular''
''A log manifold is gona release less heat into the engine, so lower underhood temps, and its also gona improve spool times,''
''good if u want more room in the bay''

and it was easy to make! and will look good heat wrapped! :D

·
Registered
103 Posts
Discussion Starter · #14 ·
solsykness said:
I think you should have kept it concealed...now thieves know for sure what's going on under the hood of your car...
Yeah its ok as car theft isnt a problem where I live, by the way I like your gen 3 crx, mines going to be blue with gold wheels too, but a different blue and gold ;)

I took it for a test drive the other day on about 6psi, I guesstimate a high 13 or very low 14,

but had to take it all apart to clean some piping up and ad a few things, and gaskets and heat wrap etc -

heres some pics -

Manifold/dump pipe/waste gate pipe

the little external wastegate pipe was a little idea I came up with :D , I wanted a screamer pipe but they are illegial over here, so I made a pipe with flanges to bolt into dump pipe and wastegate ''for when it needs to be legal'' and when I want to put my screamer pipe on I just have to take it off and put a flange with no hole that bolts over dump pipe flange and then bolt the screamer pipe on to wastegate ;) ''hope that makes sense''

mani and wastegate

blow off valve

all i have to do now is put it all back together, make a pipe from turbo for pod filter, put fuel pump in, a bracket for radiator and put a fan on it, and eventualy a new clutch .... stock one doesnt like the extra hp :(

·
Registered
5,788 Posts
NewZealandHonda said:
Yeah its ok as car theft isnt a problem where I live, by the way I like your gen 3 crx, mines going to be blue with gold wheels too, but a different blue and gold ;)

I took it for a test drive the other day on about 6psi, I guesstimate a high 13 or very low 14,

but had to take it all apart to clean some piping up and ad a few things, and gaskets and heat wrap etc -

heres some pics -

Manifold/dump pipe/waste gate pipe

the little external wastegate pipe was a little idea I came up with :D , I wanted a screamer pipe but they are illegial over here, so I made a pipe with flanges to bolt into dump pipe and wastegate ''for when it needs to be legal'' and when I want to put my screamer pipe on I just have to take it off and put a flange with no hole that bolts over dump pipe flange and then bolt the screamer pipe on to wastegate ;) ''hope that makes sense''

mani and wastegate

blow off valve

all i have to do now is put it all back together, make a pipe from turbo for pod filter, put fuel pump in, a bracket for radiator and put a fan on it, and eventualy a new clutch .... stock one doesnt like the extra hp :(
thanks...the project you got going on seems pretty nice and that's awesome that you don't have to worry about theft where you live :D can't wait to see how it all comes together in the end...

·
Registered
6,012 Posts
NewZealandHonda said:
Yeah its ok as car theft isnt a problem where I live, by the way I like your gen 3 crx
Gen 3 crx eh?? 'round here we call it the del Sol ;) But technically it is the 3rd gen crx, and all the crx guys wish therir cars had the curves that the sol has. :D

Haha anyways thats nice that theft isn't that big of a problem where you live. I think there was over 300 car thefts here in the just the last month. I would never show off an intercooler, its just not safe for your car. :(

·
Registered
103 Posts
Discussion Starter · #19 ·
blackdelsol94 said:
Gen 3 crx eh?? 'round here we call it the del Sol ;) But technically it is the 3rd gen crx, and all the crx guys wish therir cars had the curves that the sol has. :D
Yeah gen 3s over here crx del sol, althougth I dont wish my gen 2 had curves like your gen 3 .... I like my gen 2 just as it is ;)

Got the set up dialed, it goes very hard, running a bit too much fuel ... got to get a fuel pressure regulator, deffinitly a mid-high 13 on 6 psi, not bad for a little turbo.

1 - 19 of 19 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.