Honda and Acura Car Forums banner
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

· Registered
32 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Ive got a 97 civic coupe. just replaced all the body panels on the front end including the radiator subframe mount assembly and updated it to year 2000 spec.

just getting finished up with everything fitted and what not perfectly. I was just trying to get the front bumper cover on however and for some reason the mounting points are in the way and preventing the bumper from being mounted correctly what so ever.

did i miss something?

2000 headlights, 2000 fenders, 2000 hood, etc. Im kinda confused and sad =/ this should be the easy part, no?

· Registered
113 Posts
I had this same problem when I replaced my bumper, I don't know what year those brackets are for, but it's not for my '99 either. I just cut those 2 metal pieces down flat, and then cut 2 slits in the bumper so it would sit on them flush.

· Registered
10,346 Posts
PICS!

· Registered
49,788 Posts
The core support tabs that hold the inner flaps of the bumper cover are too wide for the 99-00 bumper. You can cut the mounting pieces off the new bumper or change the entire core support.
x2
technically you are supposed to replace the radiator support.. you dont have too, you can get away with that --^

1 - 7 of 7 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.