Honda and Acura Car Forums banner

1 - 20 of 39 Posts

·
Registered
Joined
·
536 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Here are some pics of my car with H&R Race springs paired with KYB AGX's, They were just installed today. I also painted my fogs. Tell me what you think.













 

·
Registered
Joined
·
6,555 Posts
looks clean, however it looks lower in the back :(
let us know how those race springs and crappy agx ride and last.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
536 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
iLLeFFeKt CiViC said:
looks clean, however it looks lower in the back :(
let us know how those race springs and crappy agx ride and last.
I think the back looks lower because I have a spare tire in the back and the old shocks and springs. The car rides nice, I like it.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
536 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
JaySlide said:
looks good, now paint the skirts ;)

Thats the next thing I was planning on doing.

I am really confused on why the back looks like that? I know the the springs were installed right. I guess it all the junk in the trunk.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
536 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
///M3ssican said:
car looks almost like mine, I even have a CF lip too ;)
Did the rear of your car look lower than the front? I think its like that because of all the junk in the trunk.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
1,962 Posts
iLLeFFeKt CiViC said:
looks clean, however it looks lower in the back :(
let us know how those race springs and crappy agx ride and last.
I told him not to get them.... Hopefully they'll last for him

Dawrenn said:
I think the back looks lower because I have a spare tire in the back and the old shocks and springs. The car rides nice, I like it.
That extra 50pounds isnt going to make the back drop lower than the front.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
536 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
VtecAddict said:
I told him not to get them.... Hopefully they'll last for him



That extra 50pounds isnt going to make the back drop lower than the front.
I could not afford any other struts. If they'll last for a couple of years then I dont care. There have been people who have had this setup and they have had no problems with it.

Then what else would it be? I know the springs were installed right. I took the stuff out and it went up a little bit. I think it will be fine after it settles. When I went out to my car this morning and looked at the front it looked a litlle bit lower.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
1,962 Posts
Dawrenn said:
Then what else would it be? I know the springs were installed right. I took the stuff out and it went up a little bit. I think it will be fine after it settles. When I went out to my car this morning and looked at the front it looked a litlle bit lower.
My guess would be they havent settled yet or it's just the pictures. Either way i wouldnt worry about it.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
536 Posts
Discussion Starter #18
VtecAddict said:
My guess would be they havent settled yet or it's just the pictures. Either way i wouldnt worry about it.
Ok, I wont worry about it. But I just found out I might need to get a camber kit :( The shop said I have to bring my car in for them to determine if I need one or not. I really hope I dont need one. I dont have the extra money right now. If the numbers are around where they are suppose to be should I even worry about it?

How long will they take to settle?
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
536 Posts
Discussion Starter #19
I just recently got new suspension installed on my 99 Civic. When I was driving today I heard a clanking sound come from the rear of the car. When I looked in the trunk I saw the bolt, the bushing, the washer, and the bolt collar off of the right strut and when I looked at the left strut I saw the the nut was about to come off. Why do you think that happend? Were the nuts not tight enough? Do you think anything got damaged? Could the strut have blown? I probably only drove about a mile or 2 to get home. Will it be easy to get it back together? Will I have to take the strut completly off of the car? I need to know something ASAP.
 
1 - 20 of 39 Posts
Top