Honda and Acura Car Forums banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
6,555 Posts
how much power you're putting down and how big are the slicks?

·
Registered
139 Posts
capn said:
70hp right now and i dunno ive just been lookin at slick like 13 x 8 or whatever is near that
LOL..... now 'that's' funny...

I have watched people snap axles with stock wheels and tires on regular roads,

Alot of it has to do with how you launch the car.

I knew a guy that went through 5 axles, 3 diff's & two trannies... and ONLY had drag RADIALS...but he rubber band launched all the time. (*edit..in 2 years*)

I have only snapped one axle... (great I'm Jinx'd)...in the last 5 years and that was 'bump' starting my car down the driveway. I launch at 5200 RPM all the time with BFG drag radials...

BTW.... why do you think you need slicks?.... You will only HURT your time...not to mention your tranny and axles...

·
Registered
1,640 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
deepstaged said:
LOL..... now 'that's' funny...

I have watched people snap axles with stock wheels and tires on regular roads,

Alot of it has to do with how you launch the car.

I knew a guy that went through 5 axles, 3 diff's & two trannies... and ONLY had drag RADIALS...but he rubber band launched all the time. (*edit..in 2 years*)

I have only snapped one axle... (great I'm Jinx'd)...in the last 5 years and that was 'bump' starting my car down the driveway. I launch at 5200 RPM all the time with BFG drag radials...

BTW.... why do you think you need slicks?.... You will only HURT your time...not to mention your tranny and axles...
well i wanna get some axles for when i get my engine swaped and have about 160 goin to the ground, but i launch by holding my ebrake keepin the rpms at about 4500 and coming off the clutch real fast but not all the way and let the e brake off then i let the clutch alll the way out so is there anything wrong with what i do?

·
Registered
139 Posts
capn said:
well i wanna get some axles for when i get my engine swaped and have about 160 goin to the ground, but i launch by holding my ebrake keepin the rpms at about 4500 and coming off the clutch real fast but not all the way and let the e brake off then i let the clutch alll the way out so is there anything wrong with what i do?
Personally I am putting down 154.0 WHP and I still use the stock axles... no probs.. but I have a certain way of launching (can't explain it.. but works for me)...

Alot of people I race with launch the way that you are describing and a lot of 'those' people go through axles, trannies & diff's like crazy... I am not sure why.. but what I do know is... I don't do it and have had the same axles in my car for 3+ years..and I launch at 5200 RPM..

So......I am not the one to tell you that your technique is right or wrong... what ever works best for you is what you should stick with...

Just from my experience (fixing the broken cars) your technique yields a lot of broken stuff...so the upgraded axles may be good for you... but remember... if you upgrade the axles... the problems will just end up going to the diff or the main shaft or the gears...etc..

Food for thought.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts