Honda and Acura Car Forums banner

upgrading greddy turbo kit

777 views 12 replies 5 participants last post by  stackz 
#1 ·
well i have a stock 00 civic and i am going to put a greddy kit on it, but what are some upgrades to and to the kit or swap with if you can tell what it is, what it does, and the performance i will get from it,and it is a daily driver

i know that the hondata is a good up grade for it but what will it do and what performance will i get from it

and what performance will i get out of a greddy fmic

#2 ·
if you have to ask this type of question I suggest you do some more research on turbos.

IC will reduce intake temps and possibly cause a little lag or boost loss depding on design. so its a give or take hp. Greddy is very good though for IC's. Give as in cooler temps= more hp, but leaner A/f's. And take as in pressure drop = less boost = less power.
Hondata is a tuning device. Tuning will literally make or break your car.

#4 ·
well

Greddy is very good though for IC's. this is what i was asking for i now what an IC will do, but inrelation to the greddy kit if you could change things what would you change, thus what are the upgrades for this kit sorry maybe you can't understand me im not asking In general what it does sorry can you help me thanks

#5 ·
chris00civic said:
Greddy is very good though for IC's. this is what i was asking for i now what an IC will do, but inrelation to the greddy kit if you could change things what would you change, thus what are the upgrades for this kit sorry maybe you can't understand me im not asking In general what it does sorry can you help me thanks
sorry but we cant help you we dont know what the hell your trying to say. yea and thats it no shit talking.

#6 ·
itr206 said:
READ IT, LEARN IT, LOVE IT.
I put these here for people just starting out with turbos.

http://www.superhonda.com/forum/showthread.php?t=201692
hey man! wassup! seriously man im really getting annoyed by the warning messages. and how dare you call my posts stupid. i jus wanted some info because im not as smart as other people. i wont answers stupid questions anymore

#8 ·
chris00civic said:
i believe the greddy kit comes with 2 extra injectors to go with their engine management. I would ditch those 2 extra, and the ecu that comes with it and pic up 4 larger injectors and a programable engine management unit. This should be tuned by someone who knows what they are doing. An intercooler is a very good idea if you plan to run boost higher than the greddy kit runs out of the box. Also pick up a new fuel pump like a Walbro 255hp, you won't need the hp but it won't hurt if you plan on upgrading things later on.
Colder spark plugs help with detonation and tuning. A larger diameter exhaust, etc. etc....it adds up :(

#9 ·
LostSolVTEC said:
i believe the greddy kit comes with 2 extra injectors to go with their engine management. I would ditch those 2 extra, and the ecu that comes with it and pic up 4 larger injectors and a programable engine management unit. This should be tuned by someone who knows what they are doing. An intercooler is a very good idea if you plan to run boost higher than the greddy kit runs out of the box. Also pick up a new fuel pump like a Walbro 255hp, you won't need the hp but it won't hurt if you plan on upgrading things later on.
Colder spark plugs help with detonation and tuning. A larger diameter exhaust, etc. etc....it adds up :(
thanks for your help

#11 ·
2jzSupraGTTE said:
back on topic... try to make some sense when you ask questions chris and ill be happy to answer it. ;)

If you dont know what Idle means, how can you answer his question. My point is dont down on people for not knowing things , then act like a dumbass in every other post.
BTW, there was no need to bring the fact of me warning you to this post. Every smartass remark i see from you will be edited from now on in. If it gets to the point where i dont feel like editing anymore. .. well you can figure the rest out from out prior convos.

#12 ·
itr206 said:
If you dont know what Idle means, how can you answer his question. My point is dont down on people for not knowing things , then act like a dumbass in every other post.
BTW, there was no need to bring the fact of me warning you to this post. Every smartass remark i see from you will be edited from now on in. If it gets to the point where i dont feel like editing anymore. .. well you can figure the rest out from out prior convos.
Can you say Egotistical? Go on do it.

Isn't it odd that you don't have an answer to any of the questions or points I brought up. I dont even know why you pick on me. hella ppl cus and you dont give a shit about it. again im just pointing out ppls bs. i dont know the rules to this forum so i apologize

#13 ·
2jzSupraGTTE said:
hey man! wassup! seriously man im really getting annoyed by the warning messages. and how dare you call my posts stupid. i jus wanted some info because im not as smart as other people. i wont answers stupid questions anymore
your posts are stupid and they prove that you dont even take the time to read stickies in forums before posting or use the search function. We can clearly see you're not very smart since you dont even have the good sense to click and read the stickies...

there are no stupid questions, only stupid people. like you.

2jzSupraGTTE said:
Can you say Egotistical? Go on do it.

Isn't it odd that you don't have an answer to any of the questions or points I brought up. I dont even know why you pick on me. hella ppl cus and you dont give a shit about it. again im just pointing out ppls bs.
he doesnt have an answer because he doesn't want to retype something that's been said 40 billion times. again, that's what the stickies/search button are for. Cussing is nothing next to ignorance (though it does show ignorance), I would love it if he "did" it and banned you.

=2jzSupraGTTE]i dont know the rules to this forum so i apologize
Holy shit! there's an understatement. lol.

anyway....
chris00civic said:
well i have a stock 00 civic and i am going to put a greddy kit on it, but what are some upgrades to and to the kit or swap with if you can tell what it is, what it does, and the performance i will get from it,and it is a daily driver

i know that the hondata is a good up grade for it but what will it do and what performance will i get from it

and what performance will i get out of a greddy fmic
I ran a greddy kit for a while here in smoglanta. good complete kit for the money. If you have no clue how to tune the e-manage I'd say to try to find one of the older kits (which you can actually still find out there right now) with the blue box since it is a lot more plug and play than the e-manage.

About the only two upgrades out of the box I would recommend would be to get an IC (intercooler) and a bov (blow-off valve) since the kit comes with neither and both are like the mashed potatos and corn that goes with your steak at dinner (just not the same without them, lol).

intercooler helps reduce intake charge temp after it is compressed by the compressor side of the turbo since compressing air heats it and hot air is more prone to detonation and not as dense as colder air at the same time and colder air makes more power since there is more of it per square inch as compared to hotter air.

bov lets the compressed air escape the intake track after you let off the gas pedal. letting off the throttle body, causes the t-body (throttle body) butterfly to slam shut and all that compressed air slams into it and then travels backwards...down the intake track...back into the compressor of the turbo and considering the turbo is turning in the direction to RELEASE air...when that air hits it in the OPPOSITE direction it tries to STOP and REVERSE the rotation of the compression which is bad since the compressor is attached to the turbine side in the exhaust...and yes, you guessed it the exhaust side is still turning and has exhaust gasses STILL passing over it keeping pushing it. So you've got two opposite forces acting on different sides of a single shaft. This causes cavitation. Eventually something will break. The bov, which lets the air escape to the atmosphere (and make pretty noises at the same time) greatly helps to prevent this...though part throttle passes and very tight bov springs can make some interesting noises by themselves which aren't bad (cept the tight springs) but we wont get into them here.

Ok, I'm done, my attention span is over on this boring ass sunday and I need to mix a new crown/coke. I suggest if you need more info you really read the stickies in this forum and have an extra window open so you can do simultaneous search for even more info. Just like reading your favorite car mag...only online.

And yes, we reserve the right to snap back at the noobs for not searching if we KNOW DAMN WELL the topic has been asked like umteenmillion times before......WHICH both of my responses HAVE. :wow

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.