Honda and Acura Car Forums banner
1 - 16 of 16 Posts

·
Registered
192 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
i am in the process of doing this i am getting a lil frustrated. i need some advice and pics on how to do this properly. i am doing the front lower control arms first. if neone has pics of the jobs listed above i would appreciated them a lot.

i am use energy suspension bushings

92 civic lx 4 door

·
Registered
3,789 Posts
klungemonger said:
Are you using an impact wrench to get that stuff out? It's basically a must with suspension stuff. I broke all kinds of stuff when I used to use a breaker bar, it's no good for these jobs. An impact and a good compressor. Unless your in a warm place and the car has never seen water, salty sea air, or salted winter roads.
yup 100% tre, I snaped 6 bolts total when droping my car :( had to weld nuts on and saw LCA's in half to get stuff out lol.

·
Registered
3,789 Posts
92civy said:
yes i am using an impact i am using a 1/2" i wish i had a 3/4"

ne way how do i get the broken bolt out
hey I broke that one off too :), here is what I had to do, you know how the tip of the bolt sticks out a little. well the part that sticks out I welded a nut to it, then I keept tightening the bolt I welded on and it came out. the other few I broke I just used a saws all on the OEM lcas since I had omni power ones right there. I HIGHLY recoment buying up a shitload of new bolts up.

www.hondapartsdeals.com has the best prices I have seen.

·
Registered
192 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
thaks guys i finished last week after a hour or so every other night working on the car.

i broke 4 bolts ($45.00 can)

i had fun i did it all myself (16 years old)

thanks u guys helped alot

i did all new drums, shoes, calipers, pads, rotors and all new brake lines too ($230 can. value, i got the performance rotors and calipers and pads free)

·
Registered
41,903 Posts
i was using an impact wrench, and the rear LCA bolts wouldnt come out, so we had to use a breaker bar.. We broke one bolt.. It sucked getting out.

·
Registered
3,789 Posts
OnBoostD16 said:
i was using an impact wrench, and the rear LCA bolts wouldnt come out, so we had to use a breaker bar.. We broke one bolt.. It sucked getting out.
yea it SUCKS what Ihave learned is to actualy tighten the bolt at first to get it moving, then start to lossen it untill it gets dificult. re tighten then loosen. then keep repeating back and forth. it will come out that way.

it takes a WHILE but its better then braking those bolts.

·
Registered
192 Posts
Discussion Starter · #14 ·
i used a 3/4" impact wrench and other tools to including a torch to heat the bolts.

i had fun i bought a 89 stang 5.0 so i will have more fun too, i justa spent 4900$ on parts including a intercooler SC @14psi, cam, intake upper and lower, TB, MAF roller rockers, trany other minor stuff too. i owe the bank 800$ fora loan too.

car was 5500 and is mint with 96,000 miles

·
Registered
5,494 Posts
OnBoostD16 said:

that ONE bolt held the whole damn thing up for hours.

Until the oxyacetelyne fired up. :bomb

I think Im lucky, but the only bolts Ive broken were on the shock/lca mount. Since I was replacing the lca's it didnt matter. But Ive never had any issues like that with bolts.

·
Registered
3,789 Posts
commador said:
that ONE bolt held the whole damn thing up for hours.

Until the oxyacetelyne fired up. :bomb

I think Im lucky, but the only bolts Ive broken were on the shock/lca mount. Since I was replacing the lca's it didnt matter. But Ive never had any issues like that with bolts.
yea those sanped off or me too. I just sawed the LCA's in half lol.

1 - 16 of 16 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.