Honda and Acura Car Forums banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
154 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I'm getting an unorthodox racing Ultra S crankshaft pulley this week (and installing it this week) and I'm wondering what impact this will have on the rest of the engine in terms of added stress and what I should keep my eye on for wear and tear.

The current crankshaft pulley (D16Y8 SOHC VTEC) is 8.19 lbs and the UR is 1.75 lbs. Theoretically (ie, bullshit) this should give me a kick of 15+ hp. I KNOW that's crapola, but what's real?

Does anybody run this thing on a sol ? (this is NOT the accessory pulley kit, just the crankshaft pulley)

btw, i've already heard weirdo things about overheating, oil pump failure, and whatever- but does ANYONE have any FIRST HAND experience (positive or negative) about how well this works and what's liable to flip out.

If it'll help answer the question the only engine mod i've got is an AEM CAI and it's a 97 Si (as noted in the engine type).

·
Registered
154 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
i looked all over darksol and couldn't find anything (except one guy w/ turbo problems and another guy who broke a bolt)

anyways,

6 hp is about what I realistically expected. It's costing me <$200 installed so i figured it was worth the money and if i don't like it, i'll pull it off.

I just wanted to make sure I wasn't going to be tearing anything up.

Any more experiences are certainly welcome. I like to get ALOT of responses from people before I really commit to doing something to the engine so that I can know what to expect.

·
Registered
32 Posts
southernsol said:
I'm getting an unorthodox racing Ultra S crankshaft pulley this week (and installing it this week) and I'm wondering what impact this will have on the rest of the engine in terms of added stress and what I should keep my eye on for wear and tear.

The current crankshaft pulley (D16Y8 SOHC VTEC) is 8.19 lbs and the UR is 1.75 lbs. Theoretically (ie, bullshit) this should give me a kick of 15+ hp. I KNOW that's crapola, but what's real?

Does anybody run this thing on a sol ? (this is NOT the accessory pulley kit, just the crankshaft pulley)

btw, i've already heard weirdo things about overheating, oil pump failure, and whatever- but does ANYONE have any FIRST HAND experience (positive or negative) about how well this works and what's liable to flip out.

If it'll help answer the question the only engine mod i've got is an AEM CAI and it's a 97 Si (as noted in the engine type).
Ive had mine on my sol for at least 7 months now, and never had a problem. It didnt help too much, but hey, every little bit adds up. The hardest part is getting the stock one off, Its a bitch.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.