Honda and Acura Car Forums banner

1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
13,249 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I got a urethane lip and the tab that hugs the back of the bumper on one side is cracked. I need to know what kind of glue or epoxy I should use on it that will hold forever?

Preferably something you can buy at a store.

Thanks.

·
Registered
12,455 Posts
What I used for the crack in my front bumper works REALLY well. its made my 3m, its called adhesive plastic tube kit or something, its a 2 part epoxy, I got it at carquest, I guess its what shops use, kinda pricy, but worth it. You'll probably have to ask for it in there, as they don't have it on display, its kept in the back for shops, but you can ask for it, and they'll sell it to you

·
Registered
12,455 Posts
I think like $22, 23 out the door.

·
Registered
13,249 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Asked the autopaint supply guy about it next door and he said you can get some Locktite brand stuff at Checker for like 5bux, gonna try that.

·
Registered
12,455 Posts
no, that wasnt it.

this is what it looks like:

·
Registered
5,141 Posts

·
Registered
13,249 Posts
Discussion Starter #10

·
Registered
5,141 Posts
I think it's just the same as Eric's But on a smaller scale.
If it doesn't get a good hold you might need some fiber mesh repair kit to strengthen it.

·
Registered
12,455 Posts
the stuff i use is almost rubbery, but bonds real well, so it will flex, and is strong. Its a win.

·
Registered
6 Posts
Check first the compatibility of the product.Epoxy coating are likely to become a top coated with polyurethane product. A layer of polyurethane is harder to scratch and UV stable. It will provide a deep rich luster of your floor. there are more auto repair answers at auto md.

1 - 13 of 13 Posts