Honda and Acura Car Forums banner
1 - 1 of 1 Posts

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I'm changing break pads on my 2018 Honda Civic LX 2.0 for the first time and made a disaster.

The rear EPB piston was not going back enough on the rear right wheel, even though I properly put the EPB in maintenance mode with a scanner and used the proper tool to further push the piston back. I had the brilliant idea to use the scanner again to reset the piston and put it back in maintenance mode while the caliper was unmounted and the piston went all the way out.
I replaced that caliper and that side looks fine.

However, the rear left caliper is now stuck because the EPB on that side can't be retracted. I get an error from the scanner and tried all I could find on the web, with no luck. So I thought I could detach the EPB unit from the caliper and manually retract the EPB piston. However, as you can see in the second photo below, the unit is also stuck and now misaligned too, so that I can't even put it back.

Do you all think that at this point I should remove the caliper with brute force using a hammer and replace this caliper too or I would risk to damage the electronic black unit that has no bolts at this point because I removed them?

Any other solution you have in mind? I'm close to desperate

Thank you!

Notice EPB black unit misaligned now in photo above

1 - 1 of 1 Posts