Honda and Acura Car Forums banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
278 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi,
I have got a B16a2 Civic with a revhard stage 2 turbo but blew my engine a few months ago.

I have got Arias low comp pistons 20 thousandths oversize but as im in the UK i cant get anyone to resleeve the engine for me.

What i was wondering is if i get Arias Pistons which are not oversized will i be able to just put the pistons straight in the Block and have no problems.

Please could someone reply asap. Thanks guys,

Steve

·
Registered
518 Posts
i think the pistons would slap all over in the cylinder, and even at warmer temps, you might get some blowby. thats what i think, but i could be wrong. i dont have personal experience with this, but that is what seems logical.

·
Registered
518 Posts
well, i figure if he has .020 oversized pistons, he has the cylinders bored out to fit them. so if he puts non-oversized pistons in, they wont totally fit in the cylinder, and oil will get by, as well as air. thats the way i figure anyway.

·
Registered
433 Posts
if u get the standard bore and do not bore ur block u wont have a prob. consider getting a golden eagle/ac technics block guard and having it welded.

·
Registered
505 Posts
I am having the same problem.... as you are...
i dn't have the money to get my block resleeved!! its like $1350 for them to resleeve my block.. couldn't i just use new pistons and rods? Everyone tells me i need it resleeved!!
Could you help me out wit this? I going to run turbo like 5-6 psi!!

·
Registered
278 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Hi,
The bore isn't oversized. So if i got just the standard size ones that yould be fine. :) I have got a block guard but cant remember the make, nuformez i think!

Cheers Guys

Steve

·
Registered
433 Posts
accord: im pretty sure ur block is made of the same material as a h series motor. if thats the case, u cant just drop rods an pistons in, u have to resleeve. 1650! thats a lot. my resleeve costed under 700 ...talk to viren singh , aka b18bturbo on h o n d a - t e c h . c o m(remove spaces)should be around 8 i think.

steve: since u havent overbored, i suggest u get the new pistons in standard size. take the blockgaurd to a good machine shop and have them drill it to match the coolant holes in the head.then just get it welded so it doesnt move around on ya and u can boost a moderate amount ...tune it and ull have fun.
roby

·
Registered
30 Posts
besides the fact that you blew your block i would imagine you have scorn cylenders and would needs to bore it anyway

two just order some darton sleeves and any decient shop can resleeve it

three if you are going to build a turbo motor build it loose (on the hight side of the toleraces)

1 - 10 of 10 Posts