Honda and Acura Car Forums banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
301 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Recently I purchased an AEM fuel rail and a B&N Fuel Pressure Gauge.

In the fuel pressure gauge instructions it says to use teflon tape on the threads.

In the fuel rail instructions it says in bold "Do not under any circumstances use liquid Teflon or Teflon tape as a sealant for any tapered plug or tapered fitting in any fuel system".

This is my first time working on a fuel system. With contradicting instructions which one do I follow? Hopefully someone here with more experience can give me some advice.

Thanks.

·
Super Nazi Mod
5,806 Posts
when putting the fuel rails together for our supercharger kit. we use teflon paste. but our fuel rails were aluminum we built ourselves. and for vipers not hondas. there might be a reason aem tells you not to. personally I think you should. I would call up aem and ask the why.

·
Registered
301 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
I found out the reason they say this. For future reference they don't want you using teflon tape because it can break off and get into your fuel system. They suggest the use of crush washers instead.

·
Super Nazi Mod
5,806 Posts
understandable.

·
Registered
7 Posts
Instead of using tape how about PST on the NPT side of the fitting? Seems like it might be less likely to clog something in the fuel system, be it injector or pump or filter...

·
Super Nazi Mod
5,806 Posts
Instead of using tape how about PST on the NPT side of the fitting? Seems like it might be less likely to clog something in the fuel system, be it injector or pump or filter...
if you start bringing back dead old ass threads everywhere me and you are gonna fight.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts