Honda and Acura Car Forums banner
1 - 19 of 19 Posts

·
Registered
181 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
well i found this site that ships used skylines, supras, evos, FTO, and all the bad ass cars we americans can't get..in the used car section evos and skylines range fro 4 grand to 20 grand and shipping to the U.S. is like $900 to seattle or new york or simething....do you think this is a legit deal??? or does it sound too cheap..like you would pay them through a transfer bank wire through ur account and send the payment to them..shipping takes like 4 to 5 weeks...what is ur opinion??

·
Registered
390 Posts
he said $900 not $9000

i dont know much bout importing cars over here but $900 sounds a little too cheap to bring a car over here considering that they have to make it LEGAL here like make it pass smog, n all that other shit that goes on.

·
Registered
5,160 Posts
interesting... is there any discount for shipping if you buy more than 1 car?? hehehe need to import those cute minicar for city use. easy to park and easy on the gas tank

·
Registered
1,170 Posts
AutoCivic said:
considering that they have to make it LEGAL here like make it pass smog, n all that other shit that goes on.
this is totally false. a company can import cars and sell them to whoever they want. if these people want to use the cars on publics roads, then they might have a problem. this is where "for off road use" (show cars, auto racings etc) comes into play

·
Registered
539 Posts
most of the time they wont even let the car off the boat unless its already street legal for the US, and making it street legal costs about 15,000 (got this number from motorex)

·
Registered
1,170 Posts
fusion04 said:
most of the time they wont even let the car off the boat unless its already street legal for the US, and making it street legal costs about 15,000 (got this number from motorex)
i'm guessing your speaking of the west coast, but i know thats not how it works out here...

·
Registered
5,160 Posts
so onli motorex that import skylines? is there any other importer companies that import japanese cars from europe or asia?

·
Registered
181 Posts
Discussion Starter · #16 ·
alrite i'll do us all a favor and just post the damn site...http://www.batfa.com/usedvehicles.html ...anyone know how to get around customs?? that is the only problem i see..cuz i called customs that do inspections and damn they are up tight about shiet...

·
Banned
2,690 Posts
okay i've looked into this extensively.

1. 3 grand + for shipping to seattle, WA.
and you run the possibilty of it getting damaged during shipping which almost always happens and when it ships u sign a waiver that says any damage incurred during shipping isnt their fault.
2. The customs thing it cost mad bank to legalize the car and make it legal to drive in the states. unless u intend to race the car in a circuit or show it. then u must either strip the car out or trailer it to your house.
3. the way i was thinking about getting around the customs thing was too buy an american counter part car thats trashed and swap the VIN numbers and just say u did a conversion. but the downside to this is that if u get caught, and this is no bullshit, u get charged 25,000 per day the DMV uses to investigate the whole thing for attempting to manufacture a car. this is every state not just pertaining to washington. the chances of getting caught are not likely, i have seen it done with a S13.
4. i have seen a car almost fully totalled out because of another car falling on top of it during shipping. the best way to do it is to have the car broken down during shipping and sent in pieces. if u need info on this process hit me up at [email protected] i know of a few cars that are in pieces now and are ready for shipping. (Accord Euro-R full car, DC5 Type-r full car etc.)

·
Registered
359 Posts
For 4doorgs-r2001:

Do you know specific palces that will find you a car in Japan?

Or just places that will import for customers?

I need some places/names/numbers for someone.Thanks.

1 - 19 of 19 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.