Honda and Acura Car Forums banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
1,855 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
alright, ive been interested in getting an ep3 for some time now. ive got all the numbers worked out on how much they trade in for and what price they put on the window. ive seen as much as a $6000 difference between kbb "good" trade in value and actual autotrader.com sticker prices.

upon looking for used SI, i found this:

"Best Color.,Type-R Side Skirts.,Type-R Rear Diffuser.,Type-R Rear Spoiler.,Type-R Valve Cover.,New 17" Wheels.,Injen Air Intake.,Tein Adjustable Suspension.,VIS Carbon Fiber Hood.,Sport Muffler.Tinted Windows.,Power Moonroof."

sticker: $14,995

Now, obviously it isn't a Type-R. Has anyone had any kind of experience with this type of used car? it would seem to me that since the rice factor is pretty high cuz of the R emblem, it was probably beat to hell by the previous owner but the dealer claims all the cars in their inventory are carfax approved and thoroughly inspected among other things.

imo, the only thing this car needs is removal of front and rear type R badges and the front lip to round out the whole look. with all the stuff they put in there... i still wouldnt offer more than 11,500 - 12,000.

what are your impressions/thoughts? good deal? too risky?

·
Registered
1,855 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
well no... but for the most part... everyone ive seen putting type r stickers and badges on civics and accords, ive seen flying passed me like they were driving f1 cars. thats the only reason i say that.

i most likely wont get that one just because the color isnt my top choice and i wont be seriously searching till i get my tax refund.

my top choices for color are blue, silver, black in that order. i currently drive a white civic but never again will i choose white unless somewhere down the line i decide to get a show car.... but only for show :p

·
Registered
1,855 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
yeah it is! well... i wouldnt have walked away paying 15k for that....
i spoke to my "financial advisors" and it turns out that if i want an ep3... i have to either finance a new one or wait. if i choose to finance a new one, i still have to wait till my tax return comes in. at least by then ill know what the new civic's are really gonna be. hopefully they arent gonna be the ass ugly one weve seen.

do they lease civic si's?

·
Registered
747 Posts
///M3ssican said:
make sure you get the 5 lug not the 4 lug
5 lug was only offered on 04+ model years. that's an 02-03...

$14,995 is way to damn high... i bought my '04 for $16,500...

·
Registered
1,855 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
lol. alright. if theres still a new o4 available when i finally get my tax return, ill make honda give it to me. Hopefully i can talk them down to below 16 but so far the least ive seen is $16,500 on this board.
< $16,000 is more than reasonable when you consider the tC @ $16,465 + more standard features.
the only reason id prefer the SI is cuz its more rare.... and the blue is perty. :p

1 - 10 of 10 Posts