Honda and Acura Car Forums banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
170 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I went 2 weeks ago to go buy a CAI. I was plannin on buyin the aem V2 for my 97 GS automatic. they told me that it wouldn't fit on my engine. that it hits some censor or something. i know its pretty big but i look at all the space that i have from a regular aem cai and it looks like it can fit. Whut censor does the v2 hit? i don't see anything it would hit.

·
Registered
3,560 Posts
RaginGS said:
I went 2 weeks ago to go buy a CAI. I was plannin on buyin the aem V2 for my 97 GS automatic. they told me that it wouldn't fit on my engine. that it hits some censor or something. i know its pretty big but i look at all the space that i have from a regular aem cai and it looks like it can fit. Whut censor does the v2 hit? i don't see anything it would hit.
wow miah good Question...62 views and no replies come on guys help the guy out.

·
Registered
14,616 Posts
RaginGS said:
where did you go to buy it?

·
Registered
170 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Lightning Motor Sports

·
Registered
170 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
thanx i'll do that

·
Registered
45 Posts
Im not sure if this is the same scenario, but there was a similar question in the q&a section of Honda Tuning a ways back. A guy had the same question about the fitment of the v2 on an auto accord. The reply was made by an AEM tech, and he said that the auto trans case was bigger than the manual that the intake was designed for, hence it wont fit. So this maybe the case for your car as well.

good luck,

·
Registered
45 Posts
Im not sure if this is the same scenario, but there was a similar question in the q&a section of Honda Tuning a ways back. A guy had the same question about the fitment of the v2 on an auto accord. The reply was made by an AEM tech, and he said that the auto trans case was bigger than the manual that the intake was designed for, hence it wont fit. So this maybe the case for your car as well.

good luck,
ben

PS: if your looking for a good intake, look at the knockoff J's racing intake

·
Registered
13,201 Posts
I always assumed that tehy would fit, because I never saw anything that said Standard Tranny only and vice versa...but good luck.

·
Registered
14,616 Posts
RaginGS said:
Lightning Motor Sports
sorry i forgot this thread.. the guys at lightning generally know exactly what they're talking about and i'm sure they want to sell you the v2 if they can, so if they say it won't fit, you can most likely take it to the bank.

1 - 12 of 12 Posts