Honda and Acura Car Forums banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
53 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Okay hey guys. A couple of you all probably knew that I recently bought a AEM V2 Intake for my 1994 Integra LS. Later after I bought the V2 online I found out that it was for manual transmissions only. Eager though to still put it on and see what it was like we started off taking off the stock intake. After we got that off we had to go and take off a few bolts and screws here and there. After all that, it came time for the engine mount. :eek This posed the only problem what so ever for why the V2 was designed only for manuals. Instead of there being 3 bolt holes on the new manual engine mount there was only two holes on my old stock engine mount... Seeing as the new one wouldnt even line up with the two holes to just put two screws in, we took the piece to my friends work and made the "custom engine mount" so that it would fit on the LS, and still be skinny enough for the tube on the intake to fit through (4 inches of love) After we fixed the engine mount the tube went straight up and in and everything locked into place perfectly. The sound was great, and you could tell a significant amount when you put it in first second and third gear...then good owe automatics D4. Other than that though I hope to soon get a manual transmission becuase it would by far be more productive on a manual than an automatic. But just to kinda prove AEM wrong, and just to test the V2 works fine on my car though it's an automatic. Though the engine mount will pose a huge problem if people with automatics decide to start buying the V2 unless the have the machinery to make a new engine mount to fit in place of the stock one. Good luck to anyone else who might attempt this. If you need the part for the engine mount, contact me and I might be able to help. Thanks guys and good luck.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.