Honda and Acura Car Forums banner
1 - 19 of 19 Posts

· Registered
37 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
uh guys correct me if im wrong but someone told me there is a recall on my honda accord transmission..is this true..I have a 99-00 accord v6-coupe..my transmission went out and i bought a used one and paid a shit load 1,500 for the used tranny and about 350 for the installation..the honda dealer told me the new tranny cost 5,000 plus installation..and i didnt want to pay that much for a new one...but now i here they will replace my tranny and reimburse me back for the tranny i bought just as long as i had a receit..somebody help me out and let me know...so i can get my freakin money back...

· Registered
2,085 Posts
i think it's only for 2000-2001 models. And they will send u a letter

· Registered
125 Posts
There is no recall. Honda extended the warranty to 100K miles for 2000+ Accord, some Odysseys, Preludes, TL-S...so on. It's a break and fix for free thing. You'll get a new Accord V6 tranny no questions asked only if it breaks and is under 100K miles.

· Registered
232 Posts
For 2000 they are refunding $$ if you had to pay for any repairs in this issue. (Must have documentation I'm assuming)

If you had a 99 I would contact your dealer and local honda sales representatives and petition for re-emberment. Even 50% re-coupe would be better then nothing. Nowing the scope of this issue I'm sure they would concider discussion it with you.

· Registered
2,085 Posts
KLIQUE_13 said:
Still haven't received the freakin letter yet... Has any1 gotten theirs?:confused:
is it ALL av6s?? i mean, i thought it was just a select few

· Registered
37 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
accord tranny

man i hate to say this but accord transmission sucks bad..man honda should freakin do a recall on all 98 and up model accords..or at least extend warranty to everybody or do a break and fix thing..i swear i have had so many problems with the transmission..i forgot but there is this one forum on honda accords 98 and up and they are trying to petition to have our trannys recalled so if you have any problems with your tranny complain we just need more people to complain so we can get this solved right..so many people in that forum were complaing about how the transmission sucks..man depending on the mileage of your car and how bad you raped your tranny trying to race, honda transmission isnt going to give out like that..so this tells you something the tranny on our cars suck..i've also talked to people that daily drive their accord normal w/ racing or flooring it and their transmission goes out..what the f*ck is that...my friend couldn't even handle 7psi on his turbo accord that was custom done on a 99 accord v6 coupe..somebody say something..

· Registered
1,402 Posts
my gf's 98 accord v6 coupes tranny was shifting very hard from 1st to 2nd and 3rd. Had it replaced after paying close to 2k and it runs great now. Wish there was an actual recall in place, I'd see about honda giving us that money back.

· Registered
376 Posts
OK, as was stated above this is not a RECALL. This is a 10yr/100k Extended Warrenty on ALL 2000-2002 model Accord V6s, newer gen CLs, newer gen TLs, Preludes, Oddyseys, and I think that was it or there was another model. There was a TSB - Technical Service Bulliten for the 98-99 model AV6s which was for the tranny, vibration at low speeds mine is affected (I can totally feel it cruising below 30.) Like stated above Honda probably won't do much for us 98-99 owners unless we call and complain.

· Registered
37 Posts
Discussion Starter · #14 ·
LiQUid_X said:
OK, as was stated above this is not a RECALL. This is a 10yr/100k Extended Warrenty on ALL 2000-2002 model Accord V6s, newer gen CLs, newer gen TLs, Preludes, Oddyseys, and I think that was it or there was another model. There was a TSB - Technical Service Bulliten for the 98-99 model AV6s which was for the tranny, vibration at low speeds mine is affected (I can totally feel it cruising below 30.) Like stated above Honda probably won't do much for us 98-99 owners unless we call and complain.

YEah i know there is no recall letter for the transmission of the 98-99 model accord v6..All i want is for all v6 accord owners that reads this post to complain so honda can remedy this problem..maybe we may get a recall on our transmission if enough people complain or maybe we can get some kind of extra warranty or transmission replaced w/ no questions asked..or for the people who had to spend a fortune to get their transmission replaced to get reimbursed and then get a new tranny...simple as that..I already called a made my complaint..if anyone else out there has problems please do the same because it will benefit us..

· Registered
232 Posts
LiQUid_X said:
2000-2002 model Accord V6s --the 2002 are not included the issue was resolved by this time.

98-99 Accord V6's are not included because they have slightly different parts (slightly) then the 2000+ models. 2000 Was a major mechanical update for the entire gen 6 Accord lineup. These transmission may very well have issues that act the same but it could be different parts. As stated before only complaining to honda in writing will help. If enough of you write formal letters on paper to honda something may happen.

· Registered
37 Posts
Discussion Starter · #17 ·
tranny issue

yeah i totally agree..to all 98 and up honda accord v6 spread the news that our transmission is shitty and that honda needs to do something about this..tell them all your complaints about what you had with your trannsmision..im fed up with it and i already complained and called them about it..the more people complain the more happier we'll be..

· Registered
232 Posts
It's important your complaints to Honda of America be made formaly in print. Sending a copy of the written letter!! [you are sending to the HofA] to your local dealer and your local dealer Honda contact rep. Mail all three letter at once and make the complaint as formal and grammarically correct as possable. Calling your tranny a POS is not going to get it fixed. Sending this formal responce to all levels of the authoratative chain will have the best possability for a corrective action. Remember not to ask for a new transmission but ask for reembursment of funds already paid or corrective action to be taken on your current transmission. Even if on a case by case basis they pay for labor and 50% of parts you are still better off then having nothing done at all. If it bothers you that much that you really want your damages paid in full a lawyer is your next best option.

The local reps and dealers will have more justification taking a CC: of your official written letter to Honda to their higher up then they would if they said I got this phone call from a kid. The formal letter shows more serious intent on your part then a phone call or e-mail.

· Registered
232 Posts
MrChad said:
It's important your complaints to Honda of America be made formaly in print. Sending a copy of the written letter!! [you are sending to the HofA] to your local dealer and your local dealer Honda contact rep. Mail all three letter at once and make the complaint as formal and grammarically correct as possable. Calling your tranny a POS is not going to get it fixed. Sending this formal responce to all levels of the authoratative chain will have the best possability for a corrective action. Remember not to ask for a new transmission but ask for reembursment of funds already paid or corrective action to be taken on your current transmission. Even if on a case by case basis they pay for labor and 50% of parts you are still better off then having nothing done at all. If it bothers you that much that you really want your damages paid in full a lawyer is your next best option.

The local reps and dealers will have more justification taking a CC: of your official written letter to Honda to their higher up then they would if they said I got this phone call from a kid. The formal letter shows more serious intent on your part then a phone call or e-mail.
formal and grammarically correct as possable----I suck :)

1 - 19 of 19 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.