Honda and Acura Car Forums banner
1 - 20 of 76 Posts

· Registered
446 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
alright, i was wondering if my car is faster than the regular integras with 160hp, the car has a 5 speed and is stock. my car is also stock. lets say the race is from a stop to about 60 mph. who would win?

· Registered
355 Posts
Teg LS 5spd vs. AV6 both stock = too close to call.

It all depends on how good the Teg driver can shift. If he can shift good he'll probably win. If not, the AV6 will probably win. Could go either way.

I definitely wouldn't put any money on it.

BTW, LS's have around 140HP, not 160.

I think mike_sho drives a Prelude.

· Registered
432 Posts
Check out http://www.car-stats.com/

Here's the stats: 0-60 and 1/4 mile

Accord V6 7.6 15.9
Integra
LS 7.6 16
GS 8.9 16.6
GS-R 7.2 15.7
RS 9.3 17
SE 7.9 16.1

So - I'd agree with AV6R. The only one (on paper) you won't beat is the GS-R. But, alot will depend on the driver.

· Registered
1,316 Posts
AV6er said:
sorry about the misquote on the integra hp, i wouldnt bet money either, it wouldnt be some other type of bet

If you had some performance mods you should win easily.

But from my personal experience racing a friend with a 94 Integra LS(Automatic) we were both stock when we raced and he beat time after time. But i think that was because my car was still new and not fully broken in (i had around 2k miles or less on the car at that time) Well we then both got our AEM CAI at the same time and we raced again with both of us having CAIs and me with 5k+miles on my car. And i would beat him time after time it was not even a close race.

· Registered
446 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
well the only thing i have done that would be close to an intake mod is i dropped a k&n filter in the stock box, i didnt notice any improvement though, damn thing could be slowing me down, ive got about 10k miles on my accord

· Registered
446 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
yeah launching correctly really helps, my friend has a 2000 325ci and if i bring the rpms up before launching i beat him every time. if i dont were about dead even, neither can pull away.
ive never seen under the hood of this kids teg but i have heard it while he was driving in a parking lot and i couldnt hear a CAI but would he have an advantage if he does have one.

· Registered
174 Posts
But.. my 0-60 was much better whats your alls

My 99 accord v6 coupe did 0-60 6.7 seconds. Clocked 5 times Sometimes it was 7 flat but more 6.6. I used to woop some other v6 accords not sure why mine ran so fast and it was all stock except a kn filter

I am not kidding i swear on my life this is the truth!! I was surprised when the mags only indicated 7.6

· Registered
53 Posts
Re: But.. my 0-60 was much better whats your alls

huntersdl said:
My 99 accord v6 coupe did 0-60 6.7 seconds. Clocked 5 times Sometimes it was 7 flat but more 6.6. I used to woop some other v6 accords not sure why mine ran so fast and it was all stock except a kn filter

I am not kidding i swear on my life this is the truth!! I was surprised when the mags only indicated 7.6
what did you use to take those times? g-tech pro? stopwatch? track slips? just wondering cuz those are some good times for a av6.

· Registered
108 Posts
I didn't know v6 accords were so slow.. Sorry not dissing you guys, but I thought they had a lot more umph to them. I would have figured an LS integra would definitely lose to a v6 accord. Might be heavy but that's a lot of power compared to the teg.

· Registered
446 Posts
Discussion Starter · #17 ·
we are kinda slow, its mostly cause were so heavy and the transmission doesnt help us out very much either (4sp auto)
also, who ever posted about their accord running 6.7 0-60 i would like to know what you used to measure that, i have noticed that the g-techs seem to measure a little faster than what you really run, may be my imagination though

· Registered
355 Posts
Re: But.. my 0-60 was much better whats your alls

huntersdl said:

BS.

I'm sure that stopwatch you used going downhill was real accurate too :rolleyes:

· Registered
174 Posts
My bud is in the military we used his military stop watch-not a watch but a real stop watch. maybe not as accurate as the motor trend test things but really close he did not start the clock actually until exactly when i hit the gas I cant explain why the car ran fast alll i know is i raced many other v6 accords and beat all of them by over a half car length. I raced well against a trans am new one too and i was ahead till 40 he caught up at 50 and he passed me at 55 and continued to pull ahead. Not a bad run. I miss my accord

1 - 20 of 76 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.