Honda and Acura Car Forums banner

1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
1,893 Posts
the answer is yes, with enough money truly anything is possible. however with the reliability problems of VW transmissions the question is why would you want to? for a lot less money you could have a b-series swap with more power.

·
Premium Member
3,212 Posts
skater431 said:
do u think it is possable to fit the vr6 motor into a rex?
That would be sick! all that torque along with 174hp! The newer ones have like 201hp though, but i'm assuming you meant the later model one. I bet that would put a CRX into the 13's stock VR6. Since I've seen those 3000lb Golf's run 14.5 stock.

·
Banned
1,529 Posts
just get a Corrado with a Vr6 or better yet, get a 2nd Gen (85-91) Golf and swap in a VR6.... I've seen that run 13 with minor bolt ons (alot lighter car than a corrado the Golf is)

you can pick up a Golf II for around 1k.. then ad the VR6 for 700, then all the materials needed to do the swap, another 400... so you're only into the whole car for about 2100 +/- a few hundred...
by the way, a friend of mine just sold his golf for 1250, he had lots of plans for it but he's moving into an appartment and can't really do all the things he's wanted to (plus he's kind of an idiot and is afraid to mess with cars... which is why he drives a STOCK 99 Integra LS automatic... :))

·
Registered
743 Posts
thats a interesting pic. on your sign ol'skoolrex_PH. I am guessing the person died.

·
Registered
408 Posts
I personally never understood what people see in the VR6. Given its displacement, neither its power nor its torque are that impressive (compare the 2.8 liter VR6 to, say, the 3.0 liter Honda V6). I would just go with an H22A. The swap would be easier. It would give you more power and almost as much torque. And it would be WAY more reliable.

·
Banned
1,529 Posts
h22apower said:
thats a interesting pic. on your sign ol'skoolrex_PH. I am guessing the person died.
dunno.... dead or not.. I was actually more worried about the car :)
LONG LIVE THE CRX ... STOP WRECKING THEM!

·
Registered
492 Posts
Re: Re: V6

SohcVtecTurboHB said:
That would be sick! all that torque along with 174hp! The newer ones have like 201hp though, but i'm assuming you meant the later model one. I bet that would put a CRX into the 13's stock VR6. Since I've seen those 3000lb Golf's run 14.5 stock.
Just the fact of having a V6 is phat, not to mention RARE, and FAST :D

·
Registered
3,126 Posts
I don't remember if it was this site or not, but somebody posted a pic awhile back of a red crx that had a V8 motor with hugh slicks on the back, and then there was one with an NSX motor

·
Premium Member
3,212 Posts
Re: Re: Re: V6

Import1 said:
Just the fact of having a V6 is phat, not to mention RARE, and FAST :D
Shit if i had money to blow, i'd take that project on for real, I love VR6's

·
Registered
492 Posts
Prelude1897 said:
I don't remember if it was this site or not, but somebody posted a pic awhile back of a red crx that had a V8 motor with hugh slicks on the back, and then there was one with an NSX motor
That NSX one blew up :)

1 - 13 of 13 Posts