Honda and Acura Car Forums banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
21,276 Posts
endoloqy said:
anyone here experienced in installing these into a p13 ecu?
all that involves installing it is splicing into the ecu wires and soldering the vafc II wires onto the ECU wires. If you dont want to do that you can always by a harness that is plug and play.

do you need to know what wire each is or what?

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
well actually, here is the problem. we installed the vafc and the controller would turn on and operate when the key was turned to acc. but then the engine would not turn over. it seems as if im not getting any fuel/fire or both. i have checked every single fuse and every wire. is there a place to get a diagram of all of my relays and hot wires ?

·
Registered
21,276 Posts
endoloqy said:
well actually, here is the problem. we installed the vafc and the controller would turn on and operate when the key was turned to acc. but then the engine would not turn over. it seems as if im not getting any fuel/fire or both. i have checked every single fuse and every wire. is there a place to get a diagram of all of my relays and hot wires ?
did you "setup" the vafc to run on your car? Have you touched ANY settings at all?

·
Registered
845 Posts
i had that exact problem. u have to double check all your wires, some of the wires have to be spliced into 2 different wires(jumpers in the wire diagram). i was in a hurry and missed those. vafc would start up and let me set it but car would not start. so i unhooked the vafc and the car started. a few times i went through this. just double check the wires and you should have it running in no time. peace.

·
Registered
2,049 Posts
WHat ecu does the 97-01 have? Im trying to find a plug and play harness for the vafc2 so i dont have to solder into the oem box or anything. but one site says its an obd2a and the other says obd2b. so which is it?????

1 - 6 of 6 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.