Honda and Acura Car Forums banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
15 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi im sergio from Monterrey, Mexico and im planning on buying a VAFC,and since here in mexico there is no tuners for Hondata, AEM, SAFC, VAFC, etc.
My friends and i r planning on buying a WIdeband and we r goign to the EFI university course in dallas we think we will be able to work with the VAFC.
What do you guys think about using VAFC with JRSC?

thanks

MY setup is:
-JRSC with stage one boost upgrade
-JR VPAC
-JR BTC
-Kamikaze Headers
-AEM CAI
-2.25" Custom Catback
-Methanol/water Injection

·
Registered
2,529 Posts
It works, it's incredibly easy to tune, but it has it's faults too. Hondata or AEM would definitely be better.

·
Registered
10,272 Posts
I'd sell the boost timing control and just go with uberdata...it's free software afterall

Just pay for the wideband, chip the ECU...and you're ready to tune.

·
Registered
15 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Mod what are the faults on the VAFC.... about ubberdata is kind of difficult to buy it because of only 2 people in mexico know it heheheheh... and vafc like 10 people hehehehehe so i think it would be a lot easier to buy vafc or hondata but hondata is a lot of money. :(

·
Registered
2,529 Posts
VAFC doesn't control injectors, just changes the map signal to the ECU to control the injectors. VAFC also doesn't control timing. Stock ECU can do all this but is not necessarily tuneable without only changing the inputs to the ECU. Hondata or AEM takes the place of the stock ECU and is fully tuneable, including injector timing, size, and pulse width, ignition timing and retard per lbs. of boost, etc. VAFC is just a hack.

·
Registered
15 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
thanks......
well hondata is just out because of tuning and AEM is way expensive so i bought hte vafc and to tune the timming i have the JR Boost timing controller.
hope that this whole thing works....
last q. anyone has any tips for vafc with JRSC. Kinda new to this.

thanks...

1 - 7 of 7 Posts