Honda and Acura Car Forums banner
1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
3 Posts
he doesnt mention that if you adjust them to tight that you can cause major engine damage. and also if you have a stick shift have in neutral or it will jump timing and you probably wont know until you start it up and again major engine damage. i have been a honda tech for 12 years and some things should be left to the pros this is one of them. that tick is normal . honda says a noisey valve is a happy valve

·
Registered
3 Posts
english please

Im sorry Mr. Darkness Sir. I was just trying to get across to everyone that you should not try adjusting your own valve lash. If you are not a trained mechanic this is not a DIY. LIke an oil change or brakes. If the lash is adjusted to tight you may bend a valve and if you have them to loose you could have misfires. i have also seen a valve with part of it melted off. I am just a poor little honda certified 15 year master tech.So im sorry if my grammer is off . if i was good a writing i would not have been a mechanic. thanx for the compliment. I don't ever see you writing anything worth wild . i always see you putting in your 2 cents in every thread.

1 - 2 of 2 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.