Honda and Acura Car Forums banner
1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
275 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
wuz up all? i have been thinking about changin my cams,valve springs and retainers, and want to find out what are the best valve springs to purchase. There was a post on what each company and the springs the produce begin to bind. So if anyone can link that for me it would be great. Couldnt find it in the search.

·
Registered
8,144 Posts
What cams do you plan on getting, and what redline will you be running?

·
Registered
275 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
havent decided on cams yet...i would like rev 9 allllll day long, and 9500 if i have to. (Im not saying i will rev that high all the time, but if i wanted to i could).. was thinking about jun III, buddy club spec 4, maybe skunk 2...any feedback?

·
Registered
6,969 Posts
I dont know about springs, I just bought supertechs since im not revving any higher than stock redline.

But for retainers, make sure you buy retainers that come with keepers. Dont use your stock keepers.

·
Registered
6,969 Posts
Syn Inside03 said:
what retainers come with keepers(did ur manleys, any other company)? what does everyone think of rev valve springs and retainers?
Im pretty sure the only companys that make their own keepers are Manley and Ferrea. Ferrea is MAD expensive, so I went with manley's, at $250 for the retainers and keepers. Rev is working on making their own keepers, but I dont know if its out yet.

My builder, Sav Leone, runs only Ferrea in his 8 second civic. Rev has been pestering him to run theirs, but he wont use stock keepers. Hense, Rev has been working on their own keepers. The manleys are good to about 1000hp.

·
Registered
26 Posts

·
Registered
275 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
1 - 12 of 12 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.